Recogni’s mission is to design a vision-oriented artificial intelligence system for autonomous vehicles from the ground up. The system will deliver unprecedented inference performance through novel edge processing, allowing vehicles to see farther and make driving decisions faster than humans while consuming minimal amounts of energy. We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Recogni’s enormous potential.
Backed by Celesta Capital, Continental, Robert Bosch, GreatPoint Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, BMW i Ventures, The Mayfield Fund, and other leading VC partners, the company is headquartered in San Jose, California with additional operations in Munich, Germany. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the role:
As a Strategic Program Manager, you will play a critical role driving organizational clarity and alignment across multiple teams, functions, and geographies to ensure timely successful execution of key corporate programs. You must be able to prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You are proactive in removing roadblocks, paving the way for innovation, and handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You will be a positive influencer across diverse teams, be able to effectively rally support for your initiatives, and be able to help deeply technical teams create simple solutions to meet project goals. You are able to handle business escalations with a data-driven approach to build trust within the organization.
What You'll Do:
- Frame and scope the problem statement, build requirements, enable resourcing, work with cross-functional stakeholders (including leadership), identify dependencies, reduce risks and drive the initiative progress on a weekly basis
- Explore new strategic opportunities, in the course of program management to inform the future roadmap, for leadership consideration
- Support a team to develop and manage end-to-end programs and ensure outcomes and successful delivery
- Provide thought leadership and drive structure for the Strategic Program Management function, as well as for the team
- Make technical decisions to keep projects running on time
- Explain technical architecture, decisions and tradeoffs to both engineering and other functions
- Work with Engineering, Product, and Recogni leadership to streamline and drive our programs on a predictable schedule
- Run cross-functional meetings and drive decision-making around schedule adjustments, priorities and internal and external partner/customer delivery.
- Build and manage a team
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Demonstrated track record in successfully managing ambitious, strategic, and operationally complex projects with internal and external cross-functional teams
- Strong communicator, interpersonal and leadership skills to work with both engineering and other non-technical stakeholders. Analytical, big picture thinker and ability to influence senior executives and cross-functional teams.
- Experience managing successful end-to-end lifecycle of technical projects.
- Strong technical skills
- Experience in actual design and development of hardware/software projects is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Experience directly managing a small team.
- Deep knowledge of manufacturing processes, building products or software, product quality, data systems and tools, AI-Machine learning concepts, manufacturing equipment automation, familiar with SMART and environment challenges and improvement initiatives
- Experience in areas such as release management, cost modeling, capacity planning a plus
Reasons to consider joining Recogni:
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; be part of shaping one of the most exciting new companies.
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields, from Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision to Systems & Device Engineering.
- Competitive benefits package including 401k, Medical+Dental+Vision+Life insurance, and Short+Long Term Disability coverage
- Perks including meals, snacks, drinks and us!
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Employee Stock Plan
- Flexible work hours & generous PTO policy
Recogni's culture was built on the following values that are equally important to us as business:
- Put people first. We only succeed when our people succeed.
- Ethics and integrity always; Being open, honest, and respectful of everyone.
- Think Big. Be ambitious and have audacious goals.
- Aim for excellence. Quality and excellence count in everything we do.
- Own it and get it done. Results matter!
- Make Each Person Better together than they would be as an individual.
- Embrace each others’ differences.
- Embrace that there will be differences.
Recogni is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to Recogni employees or leaders about our roles -- we’ve got it covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you for your understanding.