Who we are
Recharge is the leader in powering physical subscriptions, making it one of the most important ecommerce engines. Recharge powers over 50M subscriptions worldwide and has processed more than 10B in transactions. More than 15K brands such as Verve Coffee Roasters, Bokksu, Who Gives A Crap, Billie, and Bite Toothpaste Bits rely on Recharge daily to grow their businesses and delight their customers.
Recharge’s mission is to enable brands and merchants to form strong, lasting relationships with their customers through recurring purchases. As merchants seek ways to drive more direct sales and distribution through their channels and move away from a reliance on traditional online marketing strategies, Recharge has made it possible to grow businesses with seamless, recurring customer transactions.
Bootstrapped until 2020, Recharge is valued at over 2.1B dollars and is a double unicorn with a total raise of 277M dollars. Join us as we work with our merchants to define the future of ecommerce.
A DBA is responsible for the design and support of all Database resources in the environment, ensuring they are performing at the requirements of the business and our customers. DBA are expected to be self-driven, fast, hungry learners, especially to ElasticSearch.
What You'll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #humble, #day-one.
- Support code with a focus on database efficiency and resilience.
- Collaborate with design, product and engineering teams across the company to build new features or update existing ones at scale.
- Implement new technologies to solve Recharge’s technical challenges as they arise.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug poor performance queries and SQL databases.
- Find and address performance issues throughout the applications database access layer.
- Work with engineering and product managers to understand roadmap priorities.
- Enable other engineers on your team to be successful
- You want to work remotely, but you love working closely with your teammates - collaborating to clarify, confirm, theorize, figure out, and decide on solutions to problems
- You’re passionate about rapid prototyping and prioritizing the ones that have an immediate business impact.
- You want a fast-paced work environment.
- You are good at breaking up work so you can deliver value early, but with a clear mid and long term direction.
- You’re Self-driven; pragmatic and take strong ownership in getting things done
Who you are
- 3+ years of relevant Database design and support in fast paced environments
- Familiar with query performance and addressing issues with common SQL behaviors.
- Familiar with SQL and willing to learn Python access methods.
- Experience with RabbitMq, Kafka, or other cloud based eventing and messaging solutions
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Self driven; a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, auto-scaling, pub-sub architectures, serverless a plus
- Experience relevant to the technologies required of the role’s domain
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Medium cloud computing experience
GCP, Kubernetes, CloudSQL/MySQL, Helmfile, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Nginx, Redis, Python, Flask, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Snowflake, Looker, Matillion
Recharge | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
Recharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Recharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Transparency in Coverage
This link leads to the Anthem Blue Cross machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes network negotiated rates for all items and services; allowed amounts for OON items, services and prescription drugs; and negotiated rates and historical prices for network prescription drugs (delayed). EIN 80-6245138. This link leads to the Kaiser machine-readable files.