Who we are
Recharge is the leader in powering physical subscriptions, making it one of the most important ecommerce engines. Recharge powers over 50M subscriptions worldwide and has processed more than 10B in transactions. More than 15K brands such as Verve Coffee Roasters, Bokksu, Who Gives A Crap, Geologie, Bite Toothpaste Bits and The Sill rely on Recharge daily to grow their businesses and delight their customers.
Recharge’s mission is to enable brands and merchants to form strong, lasting relationships with their customers through recurring purchases. As merchants seek ways to drive more direct sales and distribution through their channels and move away from a reliance on traditional online marketing strategies, Recharge has made it possible to grow businesses with seamless, recurring customer transactions.
Bootstrapped until 2020, Recharge is valued at over 2.1B dollars and is a double unicorn with a total raise of 277M dollars. Join us as we work with our merchants to define the future of ecommerce.
Aa a Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for developing customer experiences and other features, making sure they function as designed, and are delivered on time. Senior Engineers are expected to guide less-senior engineers, especially during code review.
What you’ll do
- You will be responsible for development work on our API
- Lives by and champions all of our core values (#ownership, #empathy, #day-one, and #humility)
- Exhibits willingness to help others at a cross-team level
- Presence and interactions consistently cultivate a positive team environment
- Consistently demonstrates a willingness to lean in as needed when duty calls
- Consistently exhibits empathy to end users with their solutions
- Consistently communicates clearly through Slack, email, and on video calls
- Consistently articulates thoughts, solutions, and questions so teammates are able to follow their thought process
- Consistently able to manage up concerns or project details to their team or manager
What you’ll bring
- Able to demonstrate a high level of expertise in primary language and technology stack of your team and role (Python and Flask)
- Solid understanding of API best practices and building for scale
- Able to demonstrate a moderate level of expertise in secondary and tertiary languages and technologies
- Consistently able to demonstrate a t-shaped skill set of varying degree in other disciplines
- Consistently navigates technical requirements (including ambiguous) to make prudent and flexible technical decisions
- Consistently navigates business requirements (including ambiguous/open ended) and makes prudent decisions
- Able to demonstrate high self-sufficiency to take on and complete projects in a timely manner
- Able to lead incident handling
- Typically, 5+ years of relevant development experience in fast paced environments
- Experience relevant to the technologies required of the role’s domain
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Expert usage cloud computing experience
- Prior e-commerce experience
Python, Flask, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Saas, Webpack, CloudSQL/MySQL, Redis, Docker, GCP, Kubernetes, Helmfile, Terraform, Ansible, Nginx, Snowflake, Looker
Recharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Recharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.