We're looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our Integrations (3PI) Team. We are a B2B2C API driven product that is rapidly expanding our platform and capabilities through integrations. Our 3PIs provide powerful turnkey and customized solutions for the 15,000+ merchants and partner agencies.
Our merchants and partner agencies leverage Recharge and a mix of our 3PIs to create innovative recurring subscription solutions. The list of integrations is ever growing and currently includes Klaviyo, Gorgias, Churn Buster, Avalara, Signifyd, and many others.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Memcached
What you’ll do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Write Python code focused on scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability.
- Collaborate with design, product and engineering teams across the company to build new features or update existing ones at scale, as well as understand roadmap priorities.
- Implement new technologies to solve Recharge’s technical challenges as they arise.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack.
- Find and address performance issues throughout the application.
- Perform thorough code reviews and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Work on and/or with asynchronous and eventing workflows, serverless, 12-factor applications, webhooks, rate limiting and token management.
- Building new services that scale; deploy code daily.
What you’ll bring
- Typically, 5+ years of relevant development experience in fast paced environments
- Experience building out scalable APIs and services
- Experience with Python (preferred), Nodejs, Ruby or Go
- Experience with RabbitMq, Kafka, or other cloud based eventing and messaging solutions
- Experience integrating with 3rd party REST, GraphQL, and XML-RPC APIs.
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as GCP or AWS
- Experience with Docker, auto-scaling, pub-sub architectures, serverless
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Self driven; a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work remote-first in a rapidly scaling organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired
Engineering at Recharge
- Our values set our tone and pace! We make every day count as if it were Day One. Our collective success is driven by our individual Ownership. We communicate with care and Empathy. And we approach every task with a learner's open mind and Humility.
- We look for engineers who have strong coding fundamentals, are pragmatic about getting work done, focus on the customer, understand scale, are adaptable to growth and change, and are self-sufficient enough to thrive in a remote-work environment. Our Engineering Interview Process is designed to focus on these key attributes while giving candidates a candid view into what it’s like to work here.
- Our interview process begins with an informational conversation, followed by one-on-one interviews with cross-functional teammates, and concludes with meeting a technical leader. Teammate sessions include hands-on-keyboard technical assessments as well as reviews of relevant projects and career experience.
- Technical challenges make everyday a growth experience and leadership opportunity for teammates at all levels. We serve increasingly sophisticated e-commerce merchants who need new, flexible, feature-rich APIs. We process billions of dollars in recurring payments and we continually expand to support new e-commerce platforms, payment types, geographies, currencies, data capabilities, and advanced e-commerce workflows.
- Engineering culture at Recharge is inclusive and people focused. This focus is on our merchants, their shoppers, and our teammates. We move fast, deliver quality low-risk changes to production multiple times a day, and work with high trust and efficient collaboration.
- Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, SQLAlchemy and MySQL
Who we are
Since 2014, Recharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, Recharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 35 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 400+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
Recharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Recharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.