We are looking for a Corporate Counsel to join Recharge’s growing in-house legal team. You will be primarily responsible for supporting the engineering, product and sales teams in providing legal advice for product and privacy matters. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work on a broad variety of other legal and business matters across the organization. The right person will be comfortable working with cross-functional teams and have the ability to manage a wide range of projects.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility
- Provide guidance to product management teams on issues pertaining to new and existing products/features throughout the entire development lifecycle
- Collaborate with data security, data governance and business teams on a variety of issues related to data security and privacy
- You will partner with our sales team in customer negotiations, including supporting the drafting and negotiation of privacy and product-related agreements and addenda
- You will support our sales and product teams by working with customers, prospective customers, partners and internal stakeholders on privacy and product-related questions
- You will provide legal advice to business partners on a broad range of legal topics, including but not limited to the following:
- Commercial matters
- Employment matters
- Corporate governance matters, including general Board and shareholder matters and stock option issuances
- Statutory and regulatory matters
- Venture capital financings and M&A transactions
- Intellectual property matters
- Assist in the operation and development of policies and procedures for the company.
- Contribute to problem resolution by identifying, addressing, and escalating issues as they arise.
What You’ll Bring
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- You have experience with privacy and data protection issues
- JD from an ABA-accredited U.S. law school with strong academic credentials
- Active member of a recognized state bar in the United States
- Ability to use business context to generate creative, pragmatic legal solutions and achieve business objectives while mitigating risks
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented and driven to do things right
- Self-motivated with a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Effective in a dynamic environment, adapting to and managing change in a positive and proactive manner
- Ability to work remote-first in a rapidly scaling organization
Who we are
Since 2014, Recharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, Recharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 35 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 400+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
Recharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Recharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.