With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. Our mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 200 remote-first employees around the globe processing hundreds of millions of dollars in sales every month.
We’re looking for a Manager of Visual Design to join our team and lead the development of our design team. We need an individual who is looking for an opportunity to make a big impact by refining and establishing the brand and visual identity of ReCharge across both online and offline channels. This position will report to the VP of Marketing and will manage an existing design and web development team.
As the Manager of Visual Design you will work collaboratively with our marketing, sales, and product teams to champion a consistent and well-understood identity while also ensuring that our design and development teams are producing creative assets that drive engagement and results. From digital to print to trade shows, you will craft ReCharge’s image to our prospects, customers, and employees.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Define ReCharge design and branding standards.
- Design both online and offline materials for marketing, sales, and internal teams.
- Lead projects from conception, design, to execution and advocacy.
- Design and maintain style guides, toolkits and other design documents.
- Elevate the ReCharge brand through compelling creative experiences across mediums.
- Speak and present to stakeholders and company leadership on design strategy.
- Work with senior team members to establish priority, fidelity and delivery of tasks.
- Motivate and inspire our design team by being a thought leader and sharing best practices.
- Design templates for emails, landing pages, and other communications within our marketing automation platform.
- Design templates for company use (i.e., Google Slides).
- Partner with the broader marketing team in strategic planning.
- Manage and grow a team of talented designers.
- Influence both company and product strategy through your team's work.
What You’ll Bring
- 7+ years experience in visual design
- Relevant experience as a creative leader and 2+ years as a team manager
- Strong understanding of site architecture, user experience, visual interfaces and device functionality
- Experience in the eCommerce space is a plus
- Demonstrated skills for collaborating closely with other cross-functional marketing partners, designers, and engineers
- Experience designing for mobile, responsive design, and animation
- Understanding of growth channels, targeting and iterative creative testing
- Solid understanding of performance design, as well as composition, color, imagery, and photography
- Experience with media production, communication design, and a strong eye for typography and color
- Clear, compelling presentation and communication style
- Excellent project management and ability to stay organized
- Resourcefulness: you'll figure out what needs to be done and find ways to make it happen
- Ability to work remotely and a desire to make an impact at a high-growth start-up
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience desired
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.