With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. Our mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 150 remote-first employees around the globe processing tens of millions of dollars in sales every week.
To execute our growth strategy we are looking for a Partner Manager to help us support the ReCharge Sales and Partnerships Team. As a Partner Manager you’ll be responsible for owning the management and delivery of assigned partner events projects, acting as liaison among merchants, sales, marketing, account management, product development and external vendors.
What You'll Do
Before you read, please check out this video made just for you!
Key daily activities:
- Professionally address partner inquiries and concerns via slack, phone, emails and Zendesk tickets to nurture partner relationships.
- Manage the lifecycle of your assigned partners (~50 total) and ensure we have a full picture of each partner, have educated all relevant stakeholders within each partner and receive adequate deal flow from the partner.
- Discover and engage new partners and consistently upgrade your partnership accounts
- Develop strategies to engage and educate our wider agency partner ecosystem.
- Build and maintain our CRM for partners.
- Perform business, product and technical demonstrations to agencies and prospective clients as needed
- Conduct in depth market research to identify and qualify new account opportunities
- Participate in industry trade shows, conferences, and third party sponsorships for ReCharge.
- Manage deal flow of your partners team
- Provide metrics, KPIs and dashboards to management as well as your team
- Travel to partner meetups, events and partner offices to conduct lunch & learns
- Gather relevant feedback, data and news from the wider tech/agency partner ecosystem
- Have two partner calls every day and send out a dozen partner related emails
- See three to five builds launch through agencies that were nurtured and guided by you (and get heaps of thanks from partners when things go well!)
- Close business to achieve, if not exceed monthly metrics
- Spend about 1 week a month traveling to meet agency partners in cities like New York, San Diego, Toronto and Atlanta (or wherever the partners are)
- Speak to half of your partners in depth including going through their client list and prospective clients
- Build a world-class Partner program - The result of which is a growing funnel of sales-qualified and well-supported net-new leads and Pro-upgrades to the growth pod via our network of Agency Partners.
- Build relationships and advocacy through continual genuine engagement with Partners.
- Ensuring Partners receive the appropriate support from the ReCharge team and in a timely fashion.
- Educate all key partners’ wider teams to ensure they are well informed of new product releases and roadmaps typically through remote or in-person “lunch and learn” sessions or bringing agencies to our workshop series.
- Prioritization: Having confidence in the Partners we’re staking as “Strategic” - continually requalifying their position and being comfortable making tough decisions to de-prioritise where appropriate.
- Ensure we’re valued as a “top tier” partner to our agencies, that ReCharge is seen as providing a genuine value-addition and is an organic part of their recommended tech stack. Become a partner advocate ensuring ReCharge is seen as a partner, not a vendor.
- Make them feel confident they’re getting the right advice and responses, even if that is a difficult position of saying “no” or realigning expectations.
Embrace all the core concepts of ReCharge:
- Empathy; we are supporting individuals and teams who are building businesses alongside and based-on ReCharge. The Partner team’s impact on revenue and growth is significant to sustain our growth
- Ownership of how and where we can drive additional dealflow and value with our agencies. The agency ecosystem moves quickly and we’re a small team.
- Simple solutions are essential for PMs as we need to ensure we’re impactful whilst dealing with regular travel, partners with limited scopes of work, increasingly complex deals and partners with a wide variance of technical capabilities.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Results-oriented focus on activities that will lead to increased deal flow
- Focus on being well-liked by and respectful to everyone around you
- Excellent and professional communication skills and ability to be diplomatic in difficult or stressful situations
- Technical understanding to help partners scope builds & solutions
- Willingness to travel to partner offices and event locations
- Good negotiation skills to be able to tell partners "no" sometimes but also advocate internally for the partner
- Strong critical thinking skills and a creative approach to penetrating new accounts and to address issues with out-of-the-box solutions
- Ability to work remote-first in a rapidly scaling organization
- Previous experience with sales, account management or extensive experience with customer service.
- At least 3 months working the CS general or CX queue to understand the tool and the team.
- Understand ReCharge as a system, tech-stack, our tools, features and capabilities.
- Comfortable with phone calls and dealing with C-level or very technical partners.
- Proficient in reading our documentation, specifically the ReCharge API docs
- Knowledge in Salesforce/Hubspot CRM, email/phone outreach, SQL a plus
Other important information:
- Job title: Partner Manager
- Department: Growth-Partnerships
- Reporting to: Partner Lead
- Travel: 25% - 35%
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.