With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge we're processing tens of millions of dollars in sales every week. Our mission ‘making repeat orders easier for everyone' began four years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 100 remote-first employees around the globe.
Our Quality team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test to work on improving test automation and coverage for our software as a service platform. In this role you’ll be responsible for test automation and framework development for our Platform engineering team. In this role you'll put to use your skills lower in the stack along with your experience in distributed systems.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Selenium, PyTest, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Sass, Webpack, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Ansible, Memcached, Nginx, Snowflake, Looker, Matillion
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Be part of a new, tight-knit team and closely with engineers on our Platform team.
- Build out automation frameworks to help integrate automated tests seamlessly into current development process.
- Drive quality across team by constantly building easy-to-use test frameworks and empowering developers to move towards TDD.
- Work with real world problems faced in scaling the business, suggest innovations/enhancements and work with team in implementing and rolling them out.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve testing standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production and test environment issues across multiple levels of the stack.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 6+ years of relevant software testing experience in fast paced environments
- Proficiency with one or more languages like: Python, Go, Java, C++, Rust
- Experience working lower in the stack with a good understanding of quality in concurrency, threading, and performance issues
- Experience with ESB/messaging (ampq/stomp) and high scale streaming data (kafka/storm) preferred
- Cloud experience (aws/gcp - particularly functions as a service), lambda, cloud functions, serverless.io
- Experience with automation frameworks like: Selenium, Cucumber/Gherkin, Gauge
- Experience with build tools like: Jenkins, CircleCI, or GitLab
- Self driven; a passion for taking ownership and working autonomously
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact at a boot-strapped start-up
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.