With over 10,000 Shopify merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. We’re at the forefront of recurring billing software, empowering thousands of entrepreneurs to sell their products as subscriptions, and processing tens of millions of dollars in sales every week.
We’re seeking an exceptionally bright, detail-oriented, organized People Ops Coordinator to join our scaling People Operations team and support our company’s leaders, especially our VP of People Operations. This exciting role requires a high level of integrity and professionalism in working with senior professionals inside and outside the company, often handling sensitive information. This role will enhance our remote first culture as the company continues to expand and implement policies and processes to scale teams globally.
What You'll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Report to the VP of People Operations and primarily be responsible for assisting with the development of global People Ops.
- Support People Operations processes and policies (employee handbook and operational playbooks) with simple solutions.
- Support the People Ops department’s relationship with legal entities, accounting, and benefits providers.
- Partner with outsourced solution on all things compliance.
- Understand HR reporting and analytics functions to provide valuable data with which the People Ops department can grow.
- Assist with all on-boarding and off-boarding tasks and eventually be responsible for employee on-boarding/off-boarding experience.
- Provide assistance with company-wide programs for performance management, talent development, promotions, employee engagement and compensation.
- Be the first point of entry for people ops, troubleshoot issues and take ownership of projects/tasks with a sense of urgency.
- Draft emails, procedures and presentations related to People Ops.
- Create Google Sheets, project tracking steps to keep People Ops running smooth.
- Facilitate People Ops weekly call, manage next steps and follow-up with team.
- Assist with company organization and structure development.
- Assist with culture and remote work initiatives.
- Assist with light team scheduling, travel, retreat planning & budgeting.
- Attend two department retreats per year (travel within or out-of-the country).
What You'll Bring
- Typically, 2-3 years of prior HR experience in a dynamic high-growth tech, billing/payment, SaaS company or industry
- Hunger to learn and grow in a scaling department
- Experience using HRIS/HRMS platforms & business platforms and tools (ex: bambooHR, TriNet, slack, EMS, JIRA/Confluence, etc) with proven experience to learn quickly
- Clear understanding of on-boarding, internal transfers, promotions, off-boarding, etc.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; collaborative work style; team player with low-ego
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize through ambiguity and competing initiatives
- Strong process orientation, execution skills and desire to add value
- Strong team player who can jump in and support the team on a variety of topics and task
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analysis, problem solving and critical thinking
- Ability to anticipate and think ahead to ensure effective, lasting solutions
- Ability to take large amounts of data (numeric, qualitative) and focus on what matters
- Ability to take ownership of People Ops related projects
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact at a boot-strapped start-up
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired
- Living in Los Angeles preferred (2-3 days in the office)
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.