With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge we're processing tens of millions of dollars in sales every week. Our mission ‘to make repeat orders easier' began four years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 100 remote-first employees around the globe.
To execute our growth strategy and continue to deliver a world class employee experience we’re looking for a Director of People Operations. This role will enhance our remote first culture as the company continues to expand and implement policies and processes to scale teams globally. Reporting to the COO, you will help ReCharge maintain the highest level of employee support while making sure we’re well positioned for the future. We'd like this role based in our LA headquarters with flexibility to work remotely.
***Note: Must be locally based with the ability to spend 2-3 days per week in our Santa Monica office.****
What You'll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Report to the COO and primarily be responsible for developing the strategic direction for People Ops.
- Implement the functional steps to achieve our goals.
- Develop People Operations processes and policies with simple solutions. Implement company-wide programs for performance management, promotion, and compensation. This role will not be focused on Talent Acquisition.
- Work on initiatives for diversity, conflict resolution and employee relations.
- Troubleshoot issues and serve as the escalation point for all things People.
- Build out remote-first culture initiatives to create an amazing culture with engaged employees.
- Work with third parties including legal, accounting, benefits providers, etc.
- Serve as primary HRBP, enabling managers to be successful and provide support as necessary.
- Work with People Ops and leadership to establish entities or co-employers in new countries as we scale. Coordinate contracts and benefit programs for each entity. Manage co-employer relationships and act as the main point of contact.
- Partner with legal counsel on international employment and contractual requirements.
- Understand HR reporting and analytics functions to support effective decision making and business needs.
- Oversee all off-boarding tasks and provide assistance when needed.
What You'll Bring
- Typically, 4-10 years of prior HR experience in a dynamic technology focused company
- Strong experience scaling a technology organization preferably with remote employee populations
- Experience implementing programs including performance reviews, various types of training and career planning
- Culture warrior, share our values, and experience executing culture focused initiatives
- Clear understanding of on-boarding, internal transfers, learning & development, etc
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; collaborative work style; team player with low-ego
- Clear understanding of Human Resources HR, employment laws in the US, Canada and other countries as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to manage through ambiguity and competing priorities
- Strong team player who can jump in and support the team on a variety of topics and tasks
- Enthusiasm for and broad experience with software tools and proven experience learning quickly
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analysis, process, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to influence People team direction and take ownership of outcomes
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact at a boot-strapped start-up
- Excellent communication skills, a team player with a ‘winning as a team’ attitude
- Saas or billing/payments experience or start-up experience desired
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired
- PHR/SPHR desired
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.