Who we are looking for
Re:Car is looking for an energetic, organized, experienced Product Planning and Competitive Intelligence Lead to join our growing team.
What you get to do
This role will be a key enabler to building Re:Car's short/mid/long term operational business strategy.
Product Planning and Competitive Intelligence Lead will gather, analyze and distribute intelligence on products, market conditions, competitors and customers, and regulatory landscape for business decision-making. She/he will assist the leadership team to make data-driven decisions in support of our short/mid/long term corporate business strategy objectives.
This candidate will have an innate curiosity and analytical approach to everything. She/he will take great pride in finding nuggets of insight in places others haven’t seen or noticed. The Lead will be expected to take their own initiative, as well as reacting to requests, in research, report preparation, and other related needs.
- Lead and develop comprehensive product plans considering overall investment cost, implementation timing, and market regulatory items
- Develop proposed timing, including milestones and gateways, for introduction of new products
- Lead and propose target setting related to BOM cost and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for all products
- Lead in defining product positioning and objectives through continuous analysis of our product offerings and competition
- Define and publish the initial Program Direction Letter (PDL)
- Conduct research and analysis to inform Product Planning & Program/Commercial/Marketing/Engineering teams, such as primary and secondary market research, customer satisfaction, segment opportunities, pricing, features/content, competitive analysis, product cycle planning, and exploration of future innovations/technology
- Prepare clear and compelling product communications that align with our overall product strategy, including segment analysis and competitive product analysis
- Create and maintain a data base of competitive cycle plans and future regulatory items
- Partner with the Finance team to create and establish a business case model to assist with decision making
- BS or MS degree in engineering, business, math, economics or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in engineering, program management, and/or product planning preferably in the automotive industry
- A track record of successfully delivering large scale, complex, cross-functional and capital-intensive projects
- Technical writing and documentation experience
- Expert in common Excel functions and proficient in data processing, including analysis of big data using Excel, SQL, Python or R.
- Data Analysis: Proficiency in using analytical tools and techniques to gather, analyze, and interpret data
- Prefer 3+ year experience building data visualizations, dashboards and reports using Tableau Desktop or similar BI solution
- Market Research: Knowledge of market research methodologies, including data collection, analysis, and competitor analysis
- Product Management Tools: Familiarity with product management tools
- An ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment containing many uncertainties, and adept at working from a clean sheet without legacy constraints or pre-defined process
- An ability to manage fast-paced projects from inception to deployment, providing structure and milestone monitoring for all stakeholders (who are likely to be from different cultures and in different time zones). A humble and strong “one company” team player