Manager - Software Test and Integration
Re:Car, a subsidiary of Re:Build Manufacturing, is a new US Electric Vehicle company that is exploring development in the electric vehicle space.
Who we are looking for
The Software Test and Integration Manager will lead the vehicle software test execution team with DVP&R and releasing responsibilities for the company. This position will be responsible for working cross functionally to ensure the software testing for the company has high-quality execution.
What you get to do
In this position the candidate will develop sub-system and software test requirements and manage software testing and execution of electrified vehicle components.
- Manage software verification and validation team for the integration of vehicle electrification domain modules.
- Manage and lead the strategy and execution of software DVP&R, Hardware-in-loop (HIL), plywood buck test and component test in vehicle during different phases of the project from concept to launch.
- Manage the creation and execution of core reusable test automation, test environments, software test plans and conduct reviews for software release process to stakeholder. Support system verification and validation tasks.
- Define scope and develop detailed software release strategy including key tasks, milestones, sprints and deliverables both at vehicle level integration and component level.
- Create vehicle network and test system documentation, specifications, and work instructions.
- Work with cross-functional and program team to coordinate vehicle test development, identify risks and drive the execution of planned software verification and validation tasks to ensure projects are delivered on time and within defined scope.
- Analyzing and visualizing large data sets from various data sources (HIL, vehicle, calibrators, suppliers etc) to understand the use-cases. Post-processing and analysis of experimental data to validate and re-model as needed.
- Ensure software work products and deliverables from Tier1/module supplier test reports meet software quality standards. Participate in gates reviews, audits and quality assessments.
- Create, develop and track test dashboards, test summary reports and release reports for stakeholders and management purposes.
- Provide regular communications on project status, risks, quality of software status, requirements vs test metrics/traceability and resources related issues to project stakeholders and management.
- Engage and manage software test tool vendors and engineering services providers by planning, identifying risks and milestones need.
- Act as liaison for manufacturing, end-of-line, public-key-infrastructure (PKI) and industrialization for software deliverables during development and production phase.
- Mentor and coach team members.
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering in one of the major specializations: Electrical and/or Computer engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in automotive embedded software DVP&R, software verification and validation, sub-system/component level testing, scripting, HIL/SIL, dyno or vehicle testing.
- Minimum of 3 years' in leadership role, managing a team of software engineers in a large or complex automotive project environment from concept to launch.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in project management experience.
- Master of science degree in engineering in Electrical and/or Computer engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science.
- Experience in managing team at OEM level vehicle software test engineering, interfaces to vehicle modules, resolving issues at vehicle level or validation.
- Experience with creating and maintaining project dashboards for burn-down, heatmaps, timing and effort estimation using standard tools for project status reporting and tracking.
- Experience with Simulink or other analysis tool-based plant model development, HIL development and instrument automation.
- Strong experience with vehicle serial communication protocol development such as CAN/CAN-FD and LIN.
- Extensive experience in requirements, change and configuration management tools such as Polarian, DOORS-NG, JIRA, Bitbucket, IBM-RTC etc.
- Experience in debugging software using debuggers, instrumentation tools such as ETAS-INCA, CANape or CANoe/CANalyzer.
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity and its test infrastructure implementation.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter with strategic and creative mindset to work in a fast-paced environment.
We want to work with people that reflect the communities in which we operate
- Re:Build Manufacturing is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason.
- Re:Build is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ta@ReBuildmanufacturing.com or you may call us at 617.909.6275