Re:Car, a subsidiary of Re:Build Manufacturing, is a new company that is exploring development in the electric vehicle space.
Who we are looking for:
Re:Car is looking for a dynamic, organized, experienced Associate General Counsel to join our growing team. This position will be responsible for leading and coordinating all legal activities for our company.
What you get to do:
Translate our business plan and strategy into legal priorities, processes and documents to ensure the company has line of sight to the appropriate legal aspects and considerations that we need to manage. Proactively work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure we conduct business in compliance with the laws and regulations where we operate.
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to company stakeholders
- Create and manage most internal governance policies and practices (i.e., contract reviews, NDAs, employment related policies, intellectual property guidance)
- Provide line of sight, and recommendations, on legal topics that will need to be addressed as the company scales its operations
- Work as a legal advisor to stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Attract, develop, direct, motivate and drive performance from their team
- Own all relationships and the budget for outside counsel
- Participate, and in many cases, lead conversations with regulators and other governmental organizations
- Keep abreast of legislative topics that are on the horizon (I.e., EV incentives, state level vehicle sales, SEC requirements)
What you bring to the team:
- Proven legal experience including time at a manufacturing company in a highly regulated industry with complex distribution channels, experience within the automotive industry is a plus
- Broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigations, labor law, etc.)
- Ability to explain legal issues in the language of business and to provide pragmatic business solutions
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives
- Well-versed in the financial aspects of how a company operates
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to “see around the corner”
- Thoughtful communicator with aligned motives for joining our company
- Ability to juggle many assignments at the same time
- Unblemished ethics and integrity
- Comfortable in start-up environments and turning ambiguity into clear scope and direction
- Ability to work across a team on complex and sometimes intense topics in a positive team-oriented manner to result in the appropriate outcome.
- 10 year plus relevant experience
- J.D. degree with current license to practice in at least one state of the United States
We want to work with people that reflect the communities in which we operate
Re:Build Manufacturing is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason.
Re:Build is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at accommodations.ta@ReBuildmanufacturing.com or you may call us at 617.909.6275.