Re:Car, a subsidiary of Re:Build Manufacturing, is a new company that is exploring development in the electric vehicle space.
Who we are looking for
Re:Car is looking for an energetic, organized, experienced Senior Multi-Body Dynamics Analysis Engineer to join our growing team. This position will be responsible for performing complex multi-body dynamics simulations and analyses to optimize the design and performance of chassis systems and body structure.
What you get to do
The Senior Multi-Body Dynamics Analysis Engineer will be working with CAE tools to lead and guide the design, with responsibility for assessing the kinematic and compliant performance of vehicle suspensions using Altair Motion or Adams. The candidate is using pre-processing and post-processing tools like MotionView to create, debug, and disseminate the multi-body dynamics model. Suggest recommendations for improving the design. Understand the problem by analyzing the results and can find the optimized solution by performing several simulation iterations. He/she will correlate the CAE results with the test data. Responsible for applying advanced methods like DOE/DFSS to optimize the design. Responsible to generate reports and present the results of the simulations and the achieved improvements. Communicate with the design team, manufacturing team, and suppliers to achieve the desired vehicle performance.
What you bring to the Team
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited or equivalent program
- Master’s degree or PHD is preferred
- Knowledge of the kinematic and compliant aspects of automotive suspensions, including how to manipulate performances and understand tradeoffs
- 8+ years of experience in performing multi-body dynamics simulations, preferably in the automotive industry
- Proficiency with using industry-standard software packages such as MotionView, MotionSolve, Adams, or SuspensionSim
- Knowledge of optimization tools and techniques
- Experience with correlation of CAE and test results
- Strong knowledge of mechanical systems, dynamics, kinematics, and rigid body mechanics
- Ability to work independently; demonstrated project management skills
- Strong oral and verbal communication skills
- Act as a team player and problem solver in a dynamic, fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to lead teams and meetings through technical tradeoffs and optimized solutions with attention to detail
We want to work with people that reflect the communities in which we operate.
Re:Build Manufacturing is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason.
Re:Build is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at accommodations.ta@ReBuildmanufacturing.com or you may call us at 617.909.6275.