Battery Management System (BMS) Engineer
Re:Car, a subsidiary of Re:Build Manufacturing, is a new company that is exploring development in the electric vehicle space.
Who we are looking for
The Battery Management Systems (BMS) Engineer will be the lead for all BMS activities and be directly linked to the Battery DRE.
What you get to do
- Lead the BMS program to ensure the battery is safe and meets all communication and feature requirements
- Work with the supplier, SW and Calibration Lead for hardware and software development deliverables to ensure they will meet timing and performance specifications
- Approve all software release timing and content rollout based on program timing
- Lead interface for the BMS supporting the Battery Pack DRE, Battery Program Manager, and HV Systems Architecture Lead.
- Ensure compliance to standards, battery pack performance and battery legislative needs
- Work cross functionally to verify battery software and hardware meet the system needs and battery pack requirements.
What you bring to the Team
- Bachelor's degree in Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering or other related Engineering field
- Minimum 2 years of engineering experience for automotive and related industries
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Problem solving and organizational skills.
- 2 or more years of experience with electrified powertrains and battery management.
- Experience with electrical/electronic components used in BMS hardware.
- Experience with BMS software development and control algorithms.
- Lithium ion battery experience.
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA), Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R)
- Basic understanding of ISO 26262
- Self-directed with strong leadership, communication skills, and demonstrated problem solving ability
- Demonstrated ability and interest in working in a fast-paced team environment
- Master’s degree in Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering or other related Engineering field
- Releasing of components experience
- Proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink.
- 5 or more years of experience with development and testing of battery systems in hybrid and/or electric vehicles.
- 2 of more years of project management experience
We want to work with people that reflect the communities in which we operate
Re:Build Manufacturing is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason.
Re:Build is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at accommodations.ta@ReBuildmanufacturing.com or you may call us at 617.909.6275.