Re:Car, a subsidiary of Re:Build Manufacturing, is a new US Electric Vehicle company that is exploring development in the electric vehicle space.
Who we are looking for
The Lead Mobile Developer will lead the mobile applications, software development plans and execution for the company. This position will be responsible for working cross functionally to ensure the software mobile apps and connectivity plans for the company have a high-quality execution.
What you get to do
In this position the candidate will develop mobile application requirements and manage the development, sourcing, and engineering of these solutions.
- Lead and develop commercial-grade mobile application software requirements and sub-component requirements including mobile app technologies interfacing with vehicle ECUs features.
- Develop mobile application interface requirements at architectural level and integrating other internal features and/or external connectivity to vehicle features.
- Develop phone connectivity security requirements and features that interact with other application plug-ins and vehicle modules such as secure gateway module, safety vehicle ECUs for diagnostics, flash-over-the-air and status information.
- Develop architecture design of mobile applications connectivity to automotive ECUs, implementation of UI/UX backend, framework, and frontend features in android or iOS environment.
- Implement security features in mobile applications interfacing to vehicle network from illegal access and unauthorized access to safety critical modules.
- Collaborate and work with 3rd party hardware or software suppliers to engage in requirements elicitation and test criteria to establish internal test environment and test setup.
- Document development plans, processes, and overall mobile applications.
- Perform benchmarking / market research on vehicle attributes (features and market trends for mobile apps, vehicle content and other vehicle systems).
- Lead the technology roadmap by working with industry partners to define new and innovative technology to support vehicle connectivity, Wi-Fi and Online Infotainment features that give our customers intuitive and accessibility comfort experiences.
- Test, verify and validate mobile application software using industry standard tools.
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering Computer engineering, Computer or Information Science.
- Experience building mobile apps with a large user base interfacing cloud/server application.
- Experience in development of Android and iOS-based subsystem involving technologies of audio and video playback on a local device interfacing with USB and audio streaming technologies (Bluetooth, Android-auto or Car-play).
- Experience in designing intuitive and well-modeled application interface endpoints for both internal and user-facing device accessibility.
- Experience or strong knowledge of RESTful concepts using OpenAPI specification to architect and document endpoints.
- Experience as a Kotlin developer for Android apps and Swift Experience for iOS apps.
- Experience in decomposing vehicle level functions and architectural elements for mobile apps, connectivity systems, and cloud offerings.
- Master of science degree in engineering in Computer engineering, Computer or Information Science.
- Experience in developing mobile application services on one or more cloud offerings.
- Familiarity with DevOps and DevSec tools.
- Strong knowledge of postman for testing APIs.
- Platform development experience using Open-Source experience and effective thinking through on build versus buy.
- Strong knowledge in Bootloader integration, Flash Bootloader, E2E, XCP, Cyber security and FOTA (Flash over the air).
- Knowledge of automotive standardized instrumentation and test tools such as CANalyzer, Intrepid Veh-Spy, ETAS-INCA.
We want to work with people that reflect the communities in which we operate
- Re:Build Manufacturing is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason.
- Re:Build is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ta@ReBuildmanufacturing.com or you may call us at 617.909.6275.