About Re:Build Manufacturing
Re:Build Manufacturing is a family of industrial businesses combining cutting-edge enabling technologies, operational superiority, and strategic M&A to build America’s next generation industrial company. Re:Build leverages a deep expertise in operations management and technology to supercharge performance of its subsidiaries by implementing core technologies across industrial platforms in diversified growth markets. Our goal is to help revitalize the U.S. manufacturing base over the coming decades, creating substantial opportunities for our employees and the communities where we operate.
We leverage deep professional expertise and a candid, principled operating culture to drive differentiated outcomes for our customers, our employees, our communities, and our investors. Ours is a fast-paced environment where individuals can stretch and be challenged with a wide variety of opportunities and projects. We empower and support our employees to pursue their fullest potential and provide meaningful avenues for personal and professional growth.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented business development professional. You will be responsible for identifying, pursuing, and securing new business opportunities across multiple “tough tech” industries, such as health/medical, clean tech, and mobility/transportation. Your primary focus will be on selling our systems production solutions to clients looking to develop, optimize, or scale their production capacity. This role requires a strong understanding of manufacturing operations, excellent communication skills, and a proven track record of achieving sales targets.
This is an exciting opportunity for an impactful role, one in which you will enjoy considerable autonomy and variety. The Director of Business Development is an integral part of the team responsible for new business development and client relationship management. Representing Re:Build Manufacturing as well its member companies, you will work closely with the Re:Build Manufacturing commercial team and technical experts during the entire business development process from identifying target clients to securing contracts for engineering development or manufacturing and nurturing ongoing relationships with existing clients.
The position requires a highly motivated, “roll-up your sleeves” professional fluent in engineering, materials, manufacturing, and client relations. This is a very hands-on role requiring implementation of the Re:Build business development process and supporting each company within the organization in meeting annual growth initiatives. This is a high visibility role with impact across the organization.
What you get to do
- Identify and Target Prospective Clients: Conduct market research to identify potential clients who require contract manufacturing solutions for complex systems. Develop a comprehensive understanding of their needs, challenges, and industry trends.
- Lead Generation and Prospecting: Utilize various channels, including networking events, industry conferences, online platforms, and referrals, to generate leads and build a strong pipeline of potential clients. Proactively reach out to prospects to initiate business discussions.
- Client Relationship Management: Establish and maintain strong relationships with key decision-makers and stakeholders at client organizations. Understand their goals, pain points, and strategic objectives to position our contract manufacturing solutions effectively.
- Solution Consultation: Conduct thorough needs analysis and understand the technical requirements of clients' complex systems. Collaborate with internal teams, including engineering, production, and project management, to develop tailored solutions that address clients' specific needs.
- Proposal Development: Prepare and present compelling proposals and presentations to prospective clients, highlighting the value proposition, technical capabilities, and competitive advantages of our contract manufacturing services. Negotiate terms and conditions to secure new contracts.
- Contract Negotiation and Closing: Collaborate with the legal team to negotiate and finalize contracts. Ensure that all terms and conditions are aligned with the client's requirements and company policies. Drive the contract signing process and effectively close deals.
- Market Intelligence: Stay updated on industry trends, competitive landscape, and emerging technologies related to complex system manufacturing. Leverage market insights to identify new business opportunities and position our company as a leader in the contract manufacturing space.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate closely with internal teams, including engineering, production, quality control, and project management, to ensure successful project execution and client satisfaction. Provide feedback from clients to enhance internal processes and service offerings.
What you bring to the team
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of proven experience in business development or technical sales, preferably in contract manufacturing.
- Education: A BS degree in an engineering or technical field (electrical/ mechanical / or manufacturing engineering). Advanced technical degree and/or MBA preferred.
- Technical Knowledge: Deep understanding of complex systems and their manufacturing process requirements.
- Sales Skills: Demonstrated success in driving business growth, meeting sales targets, and closing complex deals. Proficient in consultative selling, relationship building, and negotiation techniques.
- Industry Network: Well-established network within relevant industries, including clean tech, medical devices, transportation, or similar sectors. Existing connections with potential clients and decision-makers is a plus.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner. Strong presentation and proposal development capabilities. Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to analyze market trends, identify business opportunities, and develop effective strategies to achieve revenue growth targets. Proactive and innovative mindset to stay ahead of competitors.
- Team Player: Collaborative and adept at working in cross-functional teams. Ability to engage internal stakeholders and foster strong relationships to ensure successful sales processes.
- Bachelor's Degree: A bachelor's degree in engineering, business, or a related field is preferred. A combination of relevant education and experience will also be considered.
You will have an office at a Re:Build site. Travel of up to 50% is to be expected depending on client needs.
The BIG payoff
We are a company who is going to make a difference in the industries and the communities in which we choose to operate.
Every employee of Re:Build will share ownership in the company and will share in the financial rewards of the success we achieve together, at all levels of the company!
We want to work with people that reflect the communities in which we operate
Re:Build Manufacturing is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason.
Re:Build is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at accommodations.ta@ReBuildmanufacturing.com or you may call us at 617.909.6275.