Who are Re:Build Optimation and Re:Build Manufacturing?
Re:Build Optimation is an industrial engineering design and fabrication firm in Rochester, New York. We work with customers in many industries to design and deliver unique automated industrial machines and skids to meet their requirements. As a part of the Re:Build Manufacturing company we are rebuilding America's manufacturing base and creating meaningful, sustainable jobs in areas that have been deindustrialized over the past 20-30 years. Our strategy is to employ technology, systems, deep financial resources, and best management practices to compete and win as manufacturers in the global market.
Re:Build Manufacturing is a family of industrial businesses combining cutting-edge, enabling technologies, operational superiority, and strategic M&A to build America’s next generation industrial company. Re:Build leverages a deep expertise in operations management and technology to supercharge performance of its subsidiaries by implementing core technologies across industrial platforms in diversified growth markets. We seek to revitalize the U.S. manufacturing base over the coming decades, creating substantial opportunities for our employees and the communities where we operate.
If you like a fast-paced environment where individuals can stretch and be challenged with a diverse set of projects, we offer a great deal of variety and empower our staff to take on as much responsibility as they can handle, offering a helping hand and experienced-based coaching and the support of a highly competent team. Our goal is to enable our employees to achieve their fullest potential, and through our association with Re:Build, provide avenues for personal and professional growth.
Who are we looking for?
NOTE: Location - Rochester, NY
Do you thrive by being involved in all phases of pipe installation, assembly, materials & systems?
Do you enjoy autonomy and seek to collaborate with capable teams?
If your answer to these questions is "yes", then this role may be right for you.
What you get to do!
- Cut pipes using handheld and power tools like hammer and chisel, cutting torch, pipe cutter, and pipe cutting machine
- Assemble and install tubes, fittings, and non-metallic attachments - Join pipe using threads, soldering, brazing, or cemented connections
- Inspect pipe systems and machinery to detect machinery malfunctions - Operate material movement machinery to lift pipes, support equipment, and heavy machinery
- Work closely with engineers, designers, programmers, planners, project managers, and customers to provide the best outcome for projects
- Consistently follow workplace safety procedures including NFPA 70E and participates in toolbox talks, safety audits, and related safety functions
- Immediately identify correct, and/or report any unsafe acts, conditions, or incidents in a timely manner
- Work as a member of a cohesive staff, helping coach and mentor less-experienced members
- Possess a strong work ethic and display a high level of craftsmanship - Perform other related duties as required and assigned
What you will bring to the team
- A successful candidate will be an individual with strong technical experience, blueprint reading, plumbing codes and trade mathematics.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy are necessary to successfully complete the assignments.
- Our projects require communication skills for effective interaction with clients, the engineering team, and strategic partners. Interpersonal and collaborative team-building skills are required.
- Must be physically able to perform the work of a Pipefitter: climb and work from heights, work in confined spaces, and lift and/or move heavy objects.
- Will be required to work in hot and cold environments and in all weather conditions.
- Able to read and write in English, possess basic computer and communication skills.
- Regular full-time employee.
- 40-hour work schedule, days.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including overtime and occasional travel.
The BIG payoff
We are a company who is going to make a difference in the industries and the communities where we operate.
Every employee of Re:Build will share ownership in the company and will share in the financial rewards of the success we achieve together, at all levels of the company!
We want to work with people that reflect the communities in which we operate
Re:Build Manufacturing is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason.
Re:Build is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at accommodations.ta@ReBuildmanufacturing.com or you may call us at 617.909.6275.