About Re:Build Manufacturing
Re:Build Manufacturing is a rapidly growing family of industrial businesses combining enabling technologies, operational superiority, and strategic M&A to build America’s next generation industrial company. At Re:Build we deploy deep expertise in operations management and technology to supercharge performance of our subsidiaries by implementing core technologies across industrial platforms in diverse growth markets. Our goal is to help revitalize the U.S. manufacturing base over the coming decades, creating substantial opportunities for our employees and the communities where we operate.
We leverage deep professional expertise and a candid, principled operating culture to drive differentiated outcomes for our customers, our employees, our communities and our investors. Ours is a fast-paced environment where individuals can stretch and be challenged with a wide variety of opportunities and projects. We empower and support our employees to pursue their fullest potential and provide meaningful avenues for personal and professional growth.
Who we are looking for:
The Quality Engineer will support, develop, and implement quality activities. You will conduct a variety of Quality Engineering services within Re:Build Manufacturing Total Production Solutions - 1(TPS-1) to assure achievement of quality objectives while supporting the development and evolution of the Quality Management System (QMS). You possess the ability to collaborate with all departments in TPS-1 and other stakeholders for compliance assurance and production readiness shall be exceptional.
The QE will support cross functional teams within the business and drive process non-conformance reduction through RCA & Lean CI activities. Quality Engineering is responsible for validating that TPS-1’s and its customers’ quality requirements have been implemented effectively and consistently throughout the organization and supply chain. They will also be a strong resource for general quality improvement projects and development plans.
What you get to do:
- Contribute to ensuring the company's quality, cost & delivery targets are met
- Create/Implement QMS documentation in support, in preparation for formal certification (i.e. ISO9001, AS9100, ISO13485, etc.)
- Support customer / 3rd party audits, e.g. ISO9001, AS9100, Nadcap, etc.
- Reporting and discussing such issues with the Quality team (where appropriate).
- Liaison with Design / Engineering Support Teams (where appropriate).
- Attend and participate in Production and MRB meetings as requested.
- Support internal Q team as required.
Supplier Quality Management
- Review documentation used within the manufacturing environment and ensure currency against specified requirement.
- Support Purchasing and Supply Chain functions
- Ensure that procedures meet and are followed in accordance with the relevant standards & specifications.
- Raising & processing QNs/NCRs/SCARs and maintaining ownership through to closure
- Support MRB as needed
- Participate in the Problem resolution procedures.
- Generating reports around business KPI’s relating to performance of the Business management system.
- To co-ordinate the introduction of new projects from a Quality standpoint.
- To support continuous improvement projects.
- To ensure that “Best Practice” techniques are evaluated & used where appropriate.
- Review of specification changes
- Support Scorecard delivery
- Formally report any concerns or issues as identified
- Be a competent self-starting auditor:
- Conduct Internal Audits in support of TPS-1 IA Program
- Conduct Supplier Audits as required
- Conduct gap assessments of potential suppliers as required
- Conduct RCA/RCCA to an expert level and driving compliance within the supply chain
- Be a facilitator for RCA & RCCA using Lean tools and methodologies
- Compile and if required certify inspection reports, including but not limited to Measurement reports, Test reports, First Article Inspection reports, Supplier Visit Reports, and QMS documentation
What you bring to the Team:
- BS Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Aerospace/Defense or equivalent Experience Required
- AS9100 & Nadcap experience desired (composites & metallics)
- Experience with composites manufacturing/ inspection processes preferred
- Experience with customer specifications for special processes preferred
- Ability to prioritize work effectively, and to work well under pressure required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a positive approach to all areas of work required
- Problem-solving experience required (RCA, 8D, etc.)
- CMM & AMA experience preferable, but not required
The BIG payoff
We are a company who is going to make a difference in the industries and the communities in which we choose to operate.
Every employee of Re:Build will share ownership in the company and will share in the financial rewards of the success we achieve together, at all levels of the company!
We want to work with people that reflect the communities in which we operate
Re:Build Manufacturing is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason.
Re:Build is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at accommodations.ta@ReBuildmanufacturing.com or you may call us at 617.909.6275.