Re:Car, a subsidiary of Re:Build Manufacturing, is a new company that is exploring development in the electric vehicle space.
Who we are looking for
The Lead Embedded Software Engineer - HV Propulsion will lead the vehicle software execution meeting the expectation of software development plans and execution for the company. This position will be responsible for working cross functionally to ensure the software milestones for the company have a high-quality execution.
What you get to do
In this position the candidate will develop vehicle HV propulsion safety modules software requirements and lead the development, sourcing, and engineering of these solutions.
· Develop software component and sub-component requirements for the HV propulsion ECU application.
· Work with 3rd party software providers, IC manufactures and software vendors in analyzing and creating software requirements for purchased components during Proto/DV/PV phase and standardization for production intent ECUs.
· Design and develop embedded software modules using standard model-based design tools and/or embedded C/C++ programming for vehicle architecture component requirements.
· Support software architect in establishing and traceability to overall product software architecture and vehicle interface requirements.
· Develop AUTOSAR based software components and configurations, ECU services, interface layers for application and integration to base-software components.
· Work with internal and external stakeholders for requirements, design, and test method development.
· Develop software work products in compliance with ISO-26262 and ASPICE standards.
· Create, maintain, and develop software work products and deliverables in compliance with standardized coding and MISRA guidelines.
· Work in a cross-functional environment to meet the requirements from stakeholders and vehicle domain teams inline with required project timelines.
· Test, integrate and verify developed software components meeting functional safety standards.
· Support HIL/system validation team to meet software quality standards using debuggers and instrumentation tools.
What you bring to the team
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering Electrical and/or Computer engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in automotive software development using embedded C/C++ programming and/or model-based design in compliance with ASPICE standards.
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in software development lifecycle work products and deliverables such as software requirements in compliance with functional safety and AUTOSAR guidelines.
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in software testing and debugging using standardized software test, instrumentation, and quality check tools for functional safety and AUTOSAR conformance.
· Master of science degree in engineering in Electrical and/or Computer engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science.
· Experience in design and development of vehicle serial communication protocols such as CAN/CAN-FD, SPI and LIN.
· Experience in design and development of diagnostics and device control algorithms.
· Experience in debugging software using debuggers, instrumentation tools such as ETAS-INCA, CANape or CANoe/CANalyzer.
· Experience in memory management techniques and software design implementation for production intent ECUs.
· Experience with multi-core, pre-emptive RTOS and base software development in AUTOSAR environment and its configurations.
· Extensive experience in requirements, change and configuration management tools such as Polarian, JIRA, Bitbucket, IBM-RTC etc.
We want to work with people that reflect the communities in which we operate
Re:Build Manufacturing is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason.
Re:Build is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at accommodations.ta@ReBuildmanufacturing.com or you may call us at 617.909.6275.