Re:Car, a subsidiary of Re:Build Manufacturing, is a new company that is exploring development in the electric vehicle space.
Who we are looking for
You will develop and lead the team that aligns the technical strategy, engineering and product development of the Vehicle level safety performance attributes for passive safety systems. This leader and associated team will target setting in alignment with the program and proactively collaborates and guides various functions to achieve safety performance objectives. The function supports the product development V model across the organization with Virtual Engineering, Vehicle Integration and Architecture, Systems and Component groups and supports the Chief Engineer and Program Team to meet program objectives.
In this position the candidate will set and handle the planning, timing, development, and execution of the Impact vehicle fleet and associated testing at mule, proto, pre-production, and production phases to meet timing of the project. The leader and associated team will work integral with Restraints and Safety Electronics functions to ensure systems meet performance for FMVSS and third party rating agencies. This candidate will have responsibility lead multiple direct line engineers and external resources as needed and will mature with time.
What you get to do
- Develop and communicate functional targets for Safety Performance Attributes
- Understand current and future Safety regulatory and third party metrics in collaboration with Safety & Regulatory Homologation group.
- Report and communicate Status to Targets and performance scorecards for the project.
- Lead or facilitate recovery plan actions across the vehicle and component areas to achieve objectives.
- Lead the vehicle level DVP&R for Safety Performance
- Run and coordinate vehicle crash activities internally and externally.
- Support build programs as needed to ensure the fleet has intended content to validate intended performance for the project phase.
- Coordinate vehicle level sign-offs for Safety Testing and Compliance
- Complete compliance reporting for vehicle level FMVSS requirements to support the overall homologation plan.
What you bring to the Team
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent from an ABET accredited or equivalent program is preferred. Master in Engineering preferred.
- 10+ years of experience with Automotive Vehicle Safety Development
- Excellent communication Team building and relationship building skills.
- Ability to lead teams and meetings through technical tradeoffs and optimized solutions with attention to detail.
- Broad vehicle technical and vehicle development process knowledge including how to set technical targets, work with teams to resolve feasibility (virtually and physically) and validate with statistical confidence.
- Direct working experience with NHTSA/FMVSS, NCAP, and IIHS Crash Requirements.
- Design Release Engineering experience in Restraints and Safety Electronics is a plus
- Ability and Desire to build your own team and work in a fun and fast paced environment.
We want to work with people that reflect the communities in which we operate
Re:Build Manufacturing is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason.
Re:Build is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at accommodations.ta@ReBuildmanufacturing.com or you may call us at 617.909.6275.