Re:Car, a subsidiary of Re:Build Manufacturing, is a new company that is exploring development in the electric vehicle space.
Who we are looking for
Re:Car is looking for an energetic, organized, experienced Design Release Engineer – Passive Safety Electronics - to join our growing team. Re:Car is a new US Electric Vehicle company transforming the battery electric vehicle space. Our technology is designed to deliver the most reliable and most efficient low cost of ownership electric vehicle on the market.
What you get to do
The DRE will lead the engineering and Tier 1 suppliers for the passive safety electronics supporting the content listed in the Program Description Letter.
This Engineer will report to the Lead – Restraints Systems Engineering manager and will be responsible for driving the development of the restraints system components of the Re:Car battery electric vehicles. The engineer will be challenged to develop unique solutions for various applications throughout the vehicle. This candidate will have responsibility to manage tier 1 supplier engineers, external resources and collaborate across the vehicle component areas as needed to optimize application solutions.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop functional requirements for each system and component for the ACU – Airbag Control Unit Module & Sensors
- Develop technical requirements for the systems and components in collaboration with internal functions, design studio, engineering and Teir 1 suppliers.
- Lead/Support the design, development, release and certification of the systems and components with product development tools – CAE, CAD, BOM, Drawing Release, Software Release, DFMEAs, DVP&Rs, Attribute Validation, Vehicle Testing, Component Testing, and Certification Reporting for all regulatory requirements.
- Meet all timing, quality and cost requirements.
What you bring to the Team
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent from an ABET accredited or equivalent program is preferred. Master in Engineering preferred.
- 8+ years of Design Release Engineering in Restraints and/or Safety Electronics
- Experience and knowledge of the vehicle level safety development process
- Excellent communication Team building and relationship building skills.
- Ability to lead teams and Tier 1 suppliers and integrate and drive technical tradeoffs and optimized solutions with attention to detail, with all functions as needed.
- Direct working experience with NHTSA/FMVSS, NCAP, and IIHS Crash Requirements.
- Ability and Desire to build your own team and work in a fun and fast paced environment.
We want to work with people that reflect the communities in which we operate
Re:Build Manufacturing is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason.
Re:Build is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at accommodations.ta@ReBuildmanufacturing.com or you may call us at 617.909.6275.