Our company is developing products and services for the electric vehicle space. Founded in early 2022, Project Re:Car spent its formative months establishing a leadership team and the product definition.
Who we are looking for
The Propulsion Systems group at Re:Car LLC is looking for an energetic, organized, experienced Thermal Systems Engineer to join our growing team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the design and development of Thermal Systems Components for a BEV vehicle released for North America market.
What you get to do
- As a member of the Propulsion Systems Engineering group, the Thermal Systems Design Release Engineer will be responsible for full integration into vehicle and with all interfacing systems, and seamless integration of supplier partner development and validation
- Translate vehicle requirements into thermal system requirements
- The Design Release Engineer will work with Re:Car suppliers (through Development Phases Alpha, Beta, PV, Product intent)) and with Re:Car cross-functional teams (Chief Engineer, architecture, purchasing, program manager, and quality engineers) to ensure the successful launch and release.
- Define, execute and supervise design verification plans (DVP) and reporting
- Work with suppliers to drive designs forward, including supporting DFMEA/PFMEA, cost exercises and manufacturing line review
- Support production ramp and field issue resolution
- Provide program deliverables on time per major development milestones
- Lead PDT meetings with Tier 1 suppliers
- Coordinate Thermal System change management (documentation and trial runs)
- Execute programs through the development process that meet or exceed objectives for performance, cost, weight, investment, and quality
- Develop and publish Thermal System performance standards
- Author and submit source packages on time to support Propulsion Systems product plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or related engineering field
- Minimum of 5 years in product engineering design, development and/or testing
- Ability to review drawings and package studies in CAD
- Demonstrated experience source packages, specifications, DFMEA and DVP&R through the complete product cycle (from sourcing approval to serial production)
- Must have experience in one or more vehicle component or systems
- Experience in problem solving
- Strong technical research and writing skills
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Business
- Experience in the full product life cycle
- Reactive and/or DFSS black belt
- Previous High Voltage System design and release
- HW/SW knowledge and validation/release experience
We want to work with people that reflect the communities in which we operate
- Re:Build Manufacturing is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason.
- Re:Build is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ta@ReBuildmanufacturing.com or you may call us at 617.909.6275.