Our company is developing products and services for the electric vehicle space. Founded in early 2022, Project Re:Car spent its formative months establishing a leadership team and the product definition.
Who we are looking for
The Lead Cybersecurity Software Engineer will lead the vehicle software execution team with software communication development plans and execution for the company. This position will be responsible for working cross functionally to ensure the software cybersecurity plans for the company have a high quality execution.
What you get to do
In this position the candidate will develop Communications requirements and manage the development, sourcing, and engineering of these solutions.
- Lead product software cybersecurity requirements and architecture in coordination with the engineering cross-functional team and stakeholders.
- Lead the creation, maintenance, review, and documentation of cybersecurity engineering work products in compliance with automotive cybersecurity standards, such as ISO/SAE 21434, SAE J3061, and NIST SP 800-53.
- Lead the security best practices, design reviews, implementation, and software security concept development.
- Interface with all product domains such as systems, hardware, and production to ensure the proper implementation of security requirements.
- Lead requirements and test methods for different authentication techniques for embedded devices with a perspective of different attack vectors in embedded ECU modules.
- Lead hardware-software interface development, testing methods and execution to ensure compliance and within the guidelines for cyber security threats, risks and feature implementation specs interfacing various ECUs modules in vehicle with gateway module or external connectivity.
- Analyze tools for results of secure code analyzers, static code analyzers, and other tools to make sure threat and vulnerability information for future architectures are assessed.
- Work closely with the system and hardware team to identify potential threats, vulnerabilities, and risks in the system to implement and develop a secure and robust solution covering both hardware and software which may include hardware accelerators, secure on-board communication, secure bootloader, and other related features.
- Conduct threat analysis, vulnerability assessments, and risk assessments with software vendors, ECU suppliers/manufacturers and 3rd party engineering services.
- Support RFI/RFQ activities.
- Develop, configure, integrate and test AUTOSAR software-based cybersecurity stack.
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering Electrical and/or Computer engineering, Electronics Engineering, Information Science.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in automotive embedded software development.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in cybersecurity features, best practices and principles. Apply and create process for cybersecurity standard practices implementation (ISO 21434, SAE J3061) and vulnerability management standards.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in development, design and testing of embedded work products such as bootloader interaction, secure boot/hash-algorithm, software cybersecurity mechanism for gateway module, within ECU and external connectivity to other ECUs in vehicle.
- Master of science degree in engineering Electrical and/or Computer engineering, Electronics Engineering, Information Science.
- Performed vulnerability analyses and TARAs (threat analysis and risk assessment).
- Knowledge of mitigation techniques for embedded devices. Previous pen test work is desirable.
- Experience with software work products developed in compliance with ISO-26262 and ASPICE standards.
- Experience with AUTOSAR based embedded operating systems, QNX/embedded Linux, and automotive android.
- Working knowledge of embedded automotive security concepts and technologies.
- Knowledge in determining security vulnerabilities early in the system development in order to create a robust security concept.
- Strong knowledge of automotive communication protocols such as automotive Ethernet, CAN, and UDS
- Experience in requirements, change and configuration management tools such as IBM-DOORS-NG or Polarian, JIRA, Bitbucket, IBM-RTC etc.
We want to work with people that reflect the communities in which we operate
- Re:Build Manufacturing is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason.
- Re:Build is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ta@ReBuildmanufacturing.com or you may call us at 617.909.6275.