SUMMARY: Conducts research, design, plans, tests, and evaluates improvements and enhancements to electro-mechanical products and parts. Under limited supervision, performs product development activities including layout, interpretation and implementation of customer specifications and documentation requirements. May provide product line support in design activities and/or modifications. Conducts engineering studies and may assign work to technical staff. Assists in providing Engineering support in resolving manufacturing issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Begin by supporting project teams in multiple capacities including developing documentation, schematics, and initial design. The initial role will expose you to all projects within the department to broaden your experience and develop your understanding of how we perform our work and how to develop in an industrial equipment design environment.
- Have an opportunity to work with a seasoned senior level engineer to mentor and guide you through these first projects
- Perform analysis, design, and documentation of systems within a team environment. This entry level engineer individual should be able to transition from a broad-based support role to expanded responsibilities with focused assignments
- Assist in PLC programming on various projects; support efforts developing motion control schemes on various platforms e.g. Servos, Robotics, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Safety Control circuits, Vision Systems, etc.....
- Develop and implement user friendly HMI screens & control logic
- Organize and plan tasks
- Participate in client meetings and internal engineering design reviews
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience. 8 plus years of proven hands on work experience from end to end designing and developing of electro-mechanical products and / or parts.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Strong written and verbal communications, organizational and time management skills. Strong interpersonal skills to work and support a team environment.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Applied engineering mathematics, statistics, and business and economic analysis. Use of engineering tools such as Mathcad, Ansys, or equivalent FEA packages is a plus.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Strong interpersonal skills to work and support a team environment.
- OTHER SKILLS: Ability to operate a computer and use spreadsheet, database, word processing. Experience user of CAD packages, SolidWorks preferred. Familiarity with motion systems, PLC programming, robots, etc. beneficial.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.