No consultants, agencies or recruiters.
About the Role
ReBlink is looking for an experienced Full Stack Software Engineer who value a fast-moving and outcomes based culture. We like to ship fast and iterate, and love getting our projects to a spot where we plan improvements and deploy same day. You must be comfortable with both front-end and backend programming stacks. The best candidates have experience building web application products across the stack with a firm understanding of web frameworks, APIs, databases, multiple back-end languages and the ability to build for continuous improvement and testing pipeline. If you hardcode API keys and commit them, this job isn't for you.
You’ll be joining a small technology team reporting into the CEO who is also the CTO, placing you as close as you'll get in any role to the decision maker and all the action. You'll get a chance to have a front-row seat to new user experiences in entertainment, with the opportunity to bring them to life in pixel-perfect web and mobile applications.
- Contribute to estimating tasks with the CTO and Product teams
- Have an input in architecture research, review and implementation
- Create cloud-native & secure APIs, optimized for speed and scale
- Write clean code that is maintainable, but be ok to refactor when we need to move fast
- Be online with the team to collaborate, show your work often and communicate effectively about your work and approach
- Be open to criticism, pushback or debate and be ok with explaining yourself using simple language
- Pair program, when required, with the CEO/CTO or other developers, especially for code reviews
- Feel a sense of ownership and critically think about what you are building
- Assess performance of technical solutions on a regular basis and optimize systems whenever necessary
- Evaluate risks and impacts of tech decisions and changes
- Write tests but also use intuition to get to the bottom of potential bugs and issues
- Move fast and be available for critical bug fixes
- Document the work to ensure knowledge transfer and proper maintainability of the applications
- Be willing to get better and also share best-practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering is required
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience as a Full Stack Software Engineer working on web applications
- A working knowledge of frameworks like React, Next, Nuxt, Firebase Functions, Google Cloud etc.
- Write queries like a pro, with an advanced understanding of Database Architecture and administration (preferably PostgreSQL but also Firestore or other NoSQL database technologies)
- Experience with Client/Server, Peer-to-Peer and multi-threaded architectures
- Solid knowledge of back-end components (REST APIs, caching) and front-end development (http, cookies, headers)
If you like solving hard problems, take pride in your output and want to work on products that will entertain and delight, you need to apply because we want to meet you.