Rebag (rebag.com), the ultimate destination for buying and selling the most coveted designer handbags, is an e-commerce company reimagining the role of luxury in the secondary market. Rebag has opened a world of endless access to luxury, with a unique business model that puts the seller first, offers upfront payment, and makes the resale experience smooth and clutter-free.
Since its inception, Rebag has catered to a rapidly growing segment of consumers who are exploring ownership of luxury goods in a sustainable and affordable way. The company operates online and in stores, with seven locations in Los Angeles, New York and Miami. Founded in 2014 by a team out of Harvard Business School, Rebag is backed by prestigious venture capital investors including General Catalyst, Novator, Crosslink and FJLabs, and has raised $52m in funding to date. Rebag is headquartered in New York City and employs a team of 120.
The Senior Accounting Manager position requires the individual to be the leader of the accounting department and to work cross-functionally across the organization. They will be responsible for innovating, implementing and overseeing the following processes: financial close, financial reporting, revenue recognition, inventory accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and other special projects. They will also be responsible for developing Accounting best practices for processes and procedures as well as for driving other general efficiencies. This role reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Manage and oversee core accounting functions, including financial close, financial reporting, revenue recognition, inventory accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, bank lead covenants etc.
- Develop and maintain a chart of accounts, by department, location, etc. to support financial reporting and to meet the needs of Rebag’s management
- Manage the design and implementation of accounting and financial reporting systems, and continually assess systems to meet the company's growth needs
- Implement Accounting best practices across new and existing processes and procedures, specifically focusing on optimization and the reduction of manual processes
- Establish, enforce, and monitor internal controls and accounting policies and procedures in accordance with US GAAP and SOX compliance regulations
- Interact and manage external audit partners to ensure the annual audit process runs smoothly
- Review and approve monthly journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and reports
- Manage the monthly global consolidation and reporting of the company’s subsidiaries
- Manage and lead the company through financial statements, internal control, and tax audits
- Implement strategies to improve accounting processes and procedures
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to support key company initiatives
- Remain current on industry-specific accounting standards, guidance, and trends
- Degree in Accounting and an active CPA license required
- 8+ years of professional accounting experience, preferably in the D2C/retail/luxury goods space or in related disruptive space, ideally working with inventory
- Strong technical accounting skills, with a profound understanding of current US GAAP standards, internal control procedures, SEC reporting requirements, and SOX implementation
- Experience in the design and implementation of new accounting systems and processes
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, professional, with people management experience
- Expert multi-tasker, able to manage multiple high-priority projects simultaneously and produce quality deliverables within tight time frames
- Ability and willingness to quickly and efficiently adapt in a rapidly changing, start-up environment
- Mission driven. You believe in Rebag’s mission and attack everything through the mindset of achieving it.
- Leadership. As a key executive within the company, you will have responsibility to recruit and retain an extraordinary team and contribute to the overall culture of the company.
- Motivator. You are both self-motivated and great at motivating of others. You don’t wait to be told what to do, and if you see something that needs to be done you act.
- High integrity. You know right from wrong and are fully invested in doing the right thing at all times. You keep your word, follow through, and do what you say you will do. You don’t cut corners ethically, and always do what is right as opposed to what is simply convenient.
- Team Player. Collaborative, hardworking, problem-solver who leads by example. You could never ask anyone to do something you are not willing to do yourself.
- Empathetic. You can feel the heartbeat of the organization. Others trust and share with you.
- Entrepreneurial. You think outside the box; you can do more with less; you are resourceful and fiscally responsible in the pursuit of business objectives.
- Flexible. You adapt as situations change, and are comfortable with ambiguity and constant change.
- Curious. You have a deep willingness to learn and realize that no one knows everything. You are comfortable with this and willing to put the work in to acquire new skills as needed.
- Big-Picture Thinking. You are always exploring and evaluating new ideas and processes that can make the organization better.