Realworld is the #1 place to navigate adulthood. Our platform teaches 20-somethings how to conquer finances, health, work, and life with personalized task lists, products, and lessons. You can read about us in TechCrunch, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Popsugar, USA TODAY, & The TODAY Show, and you can download our iOS app on the App Store.
Realworld is hiring a Social Media Manager to lead social media campaigns from design to execution, and scale our reach through organic brand awareness. In this role, you’ll oversee the Realworld social channels, design creative, and ensure consistent and cohesive messaging across social media and content marketing channels. It’s core to this role that you understand our mission and our key audience, and how the two relate to one another. The best candidates for this role will be creative thinkers who are excited about building delightful and meaningful brands with personality, activating digital brands offline, and amplifying brand awareness for mission-driven companies.
What You’ll Do
- Shout Realworld from the rooftops, serving as the steward of Realworld’s brand identity across all social channels – you will be responsible for conceptualizing, designing, and executing social media content and campaigns to build brand awareness.
- Get social – you will be responsible for building and managing the content calendar for IG, TikTok, Twitter, Pinterest, as well as sourcing ad creative for performance marketing campaigns
- Humanize the Realworld app – you’ll help build community to tell the stories of our members and others navigating the real world
- Think BIG – Realworld is THE next gen-z brand, it’s your job to ensure that the market thinks adulting = Realworld
What You Need to Be Successful
- 2-3 years of experience in brand management, social media, or community management for a digitally-native startup brand
- Strong copywriter who operates with empathy for your audience
- Know your way around Photoshop or Canva and can create assets for social channels, marketing collateral, or branded merchandise
- Creative-first mindset that shines in any sort of brainstorm – you’re most comfortable out of the box
- Thrive in a startup environment and you’re undaunted by the challenge of building a category-creating brand
- Track record as a team player who leads with intellectual curiosity and collaborative energy
- Strong communication skills and you’re comfortable leading client-facing conversations, managing relationships, and editing written content for spelling and grammar
- Excited about Realworld’s mission to simplify adulthood – you love seeing the impact of your work and are motivated by turning ideas into realities
Perks of Working at Realworld
- Opportunity to build a life-changing product for the next generation
- Competitive compensation, benefits (health, dental, vision, and life with premiums covered by Realworld), and 401k with matching
- Meaningful equity and impact on the company trajectory
- Fun and energetic team culture
- Hybrid office policy with beautiful space in NYC
- Unlimited vacation policy
We know some candidates may be discouraged if they don’t match all of the criteria listed here, but please apply anyway. If you're excited about Realworld, we're excited to get to know you!
We want you to know what to expect when you apply to work at Realworld. After submitting your application, we'll review it, and let you know if you're a potential fit for the role. Our interview stages are: 15 minute phone screen, 1-1.5 hour video interview, in-person super day (including a case study that we'll send you beforehand), and a reference check.