RealtyMogul launched in 2013 with one mission: simplify real estate investment by connecting individual investors to high quality commercial real estate transactions. Today we are one of the largest, most recognizable brands in online real estate crowdfunding, with over 190,000 users investing over $515 Million in capital into hundreds of real estate projects nationwide. We were recently named the #1 Commercial Real Estate Crowdfunding Platform for 2019 by Motley Fool. We remain focused on building the best online experience to enable individual investment into highly vetted commercial real estate assets and to educate our growing user base about the many aspects of real estate investing, all through an online, scalable platform.
Analyst, Commercial Real Estate
We are looking for an intelligent, motivated, detail-oriented individual to work full-time in our West Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate will be a team player, good with numbers, and extremely detail oriented. Most importantly, they will have a strong desire to learn everything they can about real estate.
What You’ll Do:
- Pre-screening of potential real estate investments including the analysis of real estate companies, physical property characteristics, business plan, market fundamentals, deal structure, and financial metrics. You will be a key piece in helping the team identify strengths and weaknesses as well as the feasibility of potential transactions
- Market research & competitive property analysis
- Financial modeling for a variety of property types including multifamily, office, industrial, mixed-use and retail properties. You will also learn how to analyze and model cash flows for various deal structures including joint-venture equity, debt, & subordinated transactions. You will also perform various scenario analysis to account for potential changes in a number of variables including tenant financial status and market conditions
- Assist the underwriting team with collecting and reviewing due diligence materials
- Compilation and presentation of investment committee deliverables
- Interact with real estate companies including Sponsors, brokers, and third-party agencies
- Interact with senior management on a daily basis and work with the management team on additional ad hoc projects as needed
Who You Are:
- 0-2+ years of experience in real estate. If no prior work experience, the ideal candidate has taken real estate courses and/or interned previously.
- Enthusiastic with a hunger and desire to learn
- Solid understanding of real estate investment concepts, structures, and financial analysis
- Experience with multiple product types (i.e. office, retail, industrial, multi-family, etc.) a plus
- Proficient in Excel
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Extreme attention to detail and highly reliable
- Must be fast paced, not easily shaken and work in a highly demanding environment
- Ability to stay organized with a wide variety of tasks
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet tight timelines
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Argus is a plus