RealtyMogul was founded in 2012 with a mission to empower investors to live the lives they want by generating wealth through real estate investing.
On the Platform, investors pool their money together to invest in commercial real estate deals they may not normally have access to on their own including multifamily, office, retail, industrial and ground-up development. And the best part? The real estate companies manage the properties, providing a truly passive real estate investing experience.
Investors can also invest in one of two REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts), giving them access to a portfolio of professionally managed properties that can potentially pay monthly or quarterly cash distributions.
Since 2012, RealtyMogul members have collectively invested over $1 billion into over $7.2 billion of real estate nationwide, including 31,000+ apartment units (as of September 30, 2023)
About Your Role:
RealtyMogul is seeking an exceptional Director of Engineering to lead a high-performing team in supporting our current platform while driving the development of our next-generation platform. You will lead architectural design alongside the CTO as well as run point on engineering execution. In addition to providing team guidance, you will be actively involved in personally building key components of the platform.
Collaborating closely with the CTO, VP of Product Management, and the Engineering team, you will be instrumental in designing and building our next-generation RealtyMogul platform. Your expertise in serverless cloud platforms will position you as a mentor to the engineering team, fostering their growth and skills.
This is a remote role however we consider Los Angeles, CA our home office and our working hours are Pacific Time.
This role requires you to be authorized to work in the United States.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a team of engineers building our next generation platform
- Architect, develop, test, and maintain the RealtyMogul platform alongside that team
- Build effective, proven, documented architectural designs in a serverless cloud environment
- Write clean and concise code that sets an example for implementations of the architecture
- Build in test coverage for all development work
- Define coding standards and perform code reviews to maintain a high-quality codebase
- Lead the engineering team to drive continuous improvements of our engineering processes
- Lead in defining technical solutions that allow for a blend of functionality, elegant user experience, stability, and maintainability
- Collaborate with the product, marketing, and Senior Management to achieve the desired outcomes
Who You Are:
- You are a seasoned engineer with leadership experience and a proven track record of cloud architecture and engineering experience
- You have experience writing and maintaining application code within a microservice and serverless architecture
- You are a very good communicator, via written word, diagrams and verbal in order to ensure the team understands your designs and execution strategy
- You have experience with event-based development patterns
- You have experience working with AWS services like API Gateway, ECS, Lambda, S3, RDS, SQS, SNS, and Cognito
- You have experience with serverless systems development
- You have experience creating, using, and deploying Docker containers
- You can write unit, integration, functional, and regression tests for your code
- You can review team members’ code and provide insightful feedback
- You have experience migrating legacy applications to microservices based architecture
- You have worked in the AWS Cloud ecosystem for at least 7 years
- You have been an engineer for at least 10 years
- You have a degree in computer science or similar field