RealtyMogul’s mission is to empower investors to live the lives they want by generating wealth through real estate investing.
Founded in 2012, we are ranked the best one-stop shop for real estate crowdfunding by Motley Fool.
On the Platform, investors pool their money together to invest in commercial real estate deals they may not normally have access to on their own including multifamily, office, retail, industrial and ground-up development. And the best part? The real estate companies manage the properties, providing a truly passive real estate investing experience.
Investors can also invest in one of two REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts), where a single investment gives them access to a portfolio of professionally managed properties that can potentially pay monthly or quarterly cash distributions.
RM Communities is the direct acquisition arm of RealtyMogul, a digital platform where investors have invested in over $4.7 billion of real estate, including historical investments in over 24,000 apartment units. We seek to uncover underappreciated high-quality real estate assets, with a current focus on multifamily assets in stable and emerging U.S. markets. Every property has a story, and we believe different properties have different needs. Our current acquisitions strategies target well-located properties with in-place cash flow and the opportunity to drive through operational enhancements and/or renovations.
About Your Role
RealtyMogul’s direct acquisitions group, RM Communities, is seeking an exceptional and experienced Acquisitions Associate to help grow our General Partner (“GP”) direct acquisitions business. Although we are based in Los Angeles, there is flexibility in where you can be based for this position. As part of the team, you will play a critical role in expanding our presence in the markets you cover. Your role will be to lead all underwriting activities, including financial analysis, market research, and due diligence. You will also be active in market research and participate in the due diligence and closing processes for properties we acquire. Your impact will be immediate and critical to helping us continue to successfully scale RM Communities as a best-in-class owner-operator for multifamily assets.
What You'll Do:
- Perform detailed market research on supply/demand fundamentals, economic trends, comparable sales, and market statistics such as occupancy, OpEx levels and market rents.
- Analyze and synthesize data from a variety of sources, including CoStar, Axiometrics, and market research reports.
- Underwrite multifamily acquisitions and generate financial models and other detailed financial analyses to evaluate prospective investments using historical performance and sound judgement.
- Draft and provide summary analyses for multiple iterations of investment proformas to stress test different business plans and assumptions.
- In collaboration with the asset management team, create and review capital budgets and business plans and coordinate with third party managers and other sources to help fully define and vet investment opportunities.
- Work with insurance brokers to source optimal insurance coverage.
- Maintain an active investment opportunity pipeline for the Directors of Acquisitions.
Who You Are:
- 2 - 4 years of experience in private equity real estate underwriting and processing commercial real estate transactions
- Substantial experience analyzing investments and exerting sound judgement
- Highly proficient with Excel, including the ability to create complex financials models and waterfall analyses
- Professionally persistent and have grace and composure under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment where iteration is the norm
- Experience with multifamily real estate required.