Our mission is to simplify real estate investment by connecting investors with high quality commercial real estate investment opportunities. Real estate is the most popular asset class in the world, and probably the most fraught with peril for the individual investor. Individuals have extremely limited information and access beyond their own neighborhood. The ability to conduct due diligence is minimal, and it is complex to negotiate, purchase, manage, and liquidate.
RealtyMogul was created to make this asset class available to individual investors. We allow our investors to buy portions of properties instead of entire ones or get exposure to multiple properties via third party funds or our proprietary REITs. We source the partners or investments ourselves, diligence them ourselves and walk every property that we offer up for investment.
We have been at it since 2012 and have backed more than 90 operating partners across the country in addition to building our own direct acquisitions team. We have learned what a great property that is well-managed looks like. We leverage our experience to find the best deals, actively asset manage, and maximize our investors’ returns.
Today we are one of the largest, most recognizable brands in online real estate crowdfunding, with over $750 million in capital invested into over $4 billion of real estate nationwide. We were named the #1 Commercial Real Estate Crowdfunding Platform by Motley Fool. We remain focused on building the best online experience to enable investment into highly vetted commercial real estate assets and to educate our growing user base about the many aspects of real estate investing, all through an online, scalable platform.
About Your Role
RealtyMogul is seeking an exceptional and experienced Director of Product Management to join our team. Your role will have a variety of responsibilities including managing a team consisting of more junior product managers and other professionals and process discovery and requirement writing for internal and external facing products with a focus on our core platform. You will help us build innovative new features, functionality, and products across the RealtyMogul platform as we lead our industry. Your impact will be immediate in successfully scaling RealtyMogul as the leading online real estate investment platform.
This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
We are located in Los Angeles, CA but this role can be remote if you live outside LA.
US Citizens only may apply.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a small team to drive our Platform Technology forward through product innovation.
- Translate the company’s strategic goals into prioritized product requirements through discovery with customers and internal stakeholders
- Oversee launch of products and features that are scalable and deliver on external and internal customer needs
- Work closely with multiple teams including Investor Relations, Marketing, Operations, Senior Management and Technology
- Collaborate with the Creative team to develop our internal facing applications.
- Help manage/prioritize the product roadmap and product backlog
- Own (and improve) the agile process by which a user story goes from creation to live on site
- Deep dive into online real estate crowdfunding to identify how we can better leverage emerging trends and improve the platform for our investors.
- Further establish the product and technology team as data driven, customer focused, and nimble
Who You Are:
- You are an experienced professional with 8+ years of product management at high-traffic websites and managing small teams.
- You have demonstrated success in launching online products and features that can scale and have made significant impact for your organizations
- You are deeply inquisitive and enjoy the process of uncovering the optimal requirements and writing clear tickets
- You have a solid technical understanding of web applications and have experience in agile (scrum or kanban) organizations
- You are a problem solver, you strive to understand the needs, and can propose elegant product solutions
- You enjoy working hard with a smart and talented team, and are comfortable speaking up and making your opinion heard
- You are very proactive and routinely go above and beyond with minimal guidance or supervision
- You have some background in real estate finance or FinTech and it is an area of deep interest for you