RealtyMogul launched in 2013 with one mission: simplify real estate investment by connecting individual investors to high quality commercial real estate transactions. Today we are one of the largest, most recognizable brands in online real estate crowdfunding, with over 190,000 users investing over $515 Million in capital into hundreds of real estate projects nationwide. We were recently named the #1 Commercial Real Estate Crowdfunding Platform for 2019 by Motley Fool. We remain focused on building the best online experience to enable individual investment into highly vetted commercial real estate assets and to educate our growing user base about the many aspects of real estate investing, all through an online, scalable platform.
Acquisitions Associate, Commercial Real Estate
We are looking for an associate-level candidate to join our direct acquisitions team. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, underwriting potential multifamily acquisitions, assisting with due diligence on transactions and market research. The associate must be proactive, detail-oriented, capable of managing multiple roles and projects effectively, and enjoys working in a team environment. The associate will be hands-on in most facets of multifamily acquisitions and will work closely with senior level management.
The candidate must have real estate underwriting experience and experience interfacing with lenders and running due diligence for direct acquisitions.
What You’ll Do:
- Underwrite potential multifamily acquisitions through financial modeling in Excel, i.e. creating and maintaining detailed financial analyses to evaluate prospective investments using operating statements, rent rolls, etc.
- Perform detailed market research on supply/demand fundamentals, economic trends, comparable sales, vacancy, and rental rates.
- Assist in performing acquisition due diligence, including reviewing leases, contracts, historical operating statements, third party reports etc.
- Analyze and synthesize data from a variety of sources including CoStar, Axiometrics, and market research reports.
- Create investment proformas including business plans and debt assumptions.
- In conjunction with asset management team, create and review capital budgets and business plans and coordinate with third party managers and other sources to help fully define and vet investment opportunities.
- Prepare letters of intent after presentation to investment committee.
- Be the focal point of the due diligence process including gathering and analyzing due diligence materials and coordinating third party reports. This includes verifying property details, market analyses, title/survey, rent comps, as well as completing property inspections, unit walks, lease file audits, and maintenance audits.
- Work with lenders to identify optimal debt strategies.
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 3 years in multifamily real estate acquisitions.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel including the ability to create complex financials models and waterfalls.
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented, analytical, and a self-starter.