Realm is on a mission to bring simplicity to homeownership. From the day you buy your home to the day it is sold, there are a series of complex and expensive decisions to be made. What should you renovate? How much should it cost? Should you refinance? When does it make sense to move?
That’s where Realm comes in. With primary residences accounting for 62% of the average American’s net worth, we’re building a single destination to empower homeowners to decide what to do with their home, and then help them do those things seamlessly. And we’re starting with solving the most complex of these decisions – renovations.
Today we’ve helped 500+ homeowners navigate renovations totaling over $70M with industry-leading, proprietary data and expert guidance from our Realm Advisors. We’re on track to be a $1B+ business in the next few years, and are backed by top-tier VC firms like GGV, Lerer Hippeau, and Primary Venture Partners.
Note: this is a closing role & sales experience is required.
What you’ll do
The Senior Renovation Advisor supports and advocates for our customers as they leverage Realm’s data and recommendations to complete home remodeling projects. The advisor acts as the homeowner's point of contact from the time they start working with Realm until they break ground on their project, guiding them through major decisions around project budgets, design, vendor selection and financing. The right candidate for this role will feel energized by helping homeowners make smart decisions while providing their expertise in areas like remodeling, design, and construction. This role requires using thoughtful selling tactics to move a homeowner through the journey as quickly as possible.
- Move homeowners through the full sales cycle from deposits to signed design and renovation contracts
- Delight homeowners over the course of their entire renovation, through education, relationship building and escalation resolution
- Coordinate with local vendors, cities and other subject matter experts (designers, architects, contractors, lenders) to get home project completed
- Collaborate with homeowners to uncover and document their home project needs and offer useful ideas on how to address those needs
- Run a bidding process for projects among Realm’s partner vendors like designers and builders; help customers navigate the complicated process of large construction projects with ease. Level, vet, negotiate and present project bids and contracts to the customer, helping them make an informed decision to move forward
- Effectively negotiate with vendors, and outside stakeholders like lawyers to ensure all of your clients choose a Realm vendor
- Communicate with the customers via multiple channels (phone, text, zoom) over the course of the project, driving towards project milestones and supporting homeowners questions and concerns along the way
- 5+ years of full cycle sales or customer success experience, with high value customers.
- Willingness to work evenings and some weekend hours to meet homeowner availability needs.
- Interest or passion for construction, home improvement, interior design, or real estate.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to manage competing deadlines while consistently moving many projects forward at the same time
- Ability to analyze and communicate data to consumers in an easy to understand and actionable manner
- High level of empathy
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to identify process improvements to scale in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment
What you’ll get:
- The chance to work at a hyper-growth venture-backed start-up bringing the “first of its kind” technology to an exciting industry
- The opportunity to feel true purpose in your efforts by witnessing the homeowners you work with make life-changing decisions about their homes
- Experience blending your construction and design skills with Realm’s cutting edge data offering, and the opportunity to help level-up the entire organization on its technical construction knowledge
- The opportunity to build Realm’s presence and brand
- A diverse and supportive people-first environment where you can bring your whole self to work
- An environment where your voice is heard and your impact is recognized up and down the organization
- Competitive, performance-based pay and unlimited PTO
- Hybrid work environment: 2-3 days per week in our Culver City office with quarterly remote flex days
On Target Earnings: $140K - $165K made up of base pay and commission + equity