Want to spend your days making artificial intelligence more understandable for everyone around the world? Are you passionate about online education and learning, and want to join us in developing our world-class Elements of AI courses? Join us in demystifying AI and offering exciting learning experiences to our internationally growing student base!
Our small but mighty Elements of AI product development team is looking for a (Senior) Software developer to join us in working with our pioneering Elements of AI courses and making sure our course environment continues offering remarkable learning experiences within AI.
The cross-organizational Elements of AI team combines Reaktor and University of Helsinki, and offers you a unique place in between the academia and business world. Our Elements of AI course has an international student base of over 730,000 people, and the course is published in all official EU languages. We’re excited to continue growing internationally, and our mission is to encourage as broad a group of people as possible to learn what AI is, how it affects our society and what kinds of opportunities it offers us.
As a Software developer at Elements of AI team you’ll
Demystify AI by developing the Elements of AI learning environment
In more concrete terms, your get to:
- Work together with a small, distributed team of Reaktor and University of Helsinki
- Be responsible for as much of the stack as you'd like, and work with your teammates to pick the right technologies and deliver continuously
- Be a paragon of quality in our software engineering practices and ways of working
We’re a hands-on bunch, and we expect you to be able to both ideate and take action. We highly value entrepreneurial mindset, willingness to take ownership and skills in transforming business into technology. We hope you’re someone who has the vision and the drive to do more than just “type in the code”. You’re not necessarily expected to lead – but if you have a natural knack for it, go for it!
A Frontend focused developer with a passion for online education
To thrive with us, you’ll need
- Strong background in software development positions with a focus on frontend
- Experience in working with multiple modern web technologies or multiple domains within the same technology (e.g. frontend & backend)
- Understanding of the underlying principles of software development and a demonstrated ability to adopt new software engineering technologies and practices
- A passion for (online) education: you want to play a role in enabling learning experiences within AI and in empowering learners to reason about AI and be empowered instead of threatened by it
- Great collaboration skills, and an ability to help your team improve its ways of working: we share what we learn, help others, learn from our peers, and ask for help when needed
- Fluency in English
Our current stack is a server-side rendered React application with emotion.js components and a backend managed by the University of Helsinki team. We appreciate a business-minded approach and see working in the startup scene a plus. Experience in working with EdTech is something we’re very impressed with, but it’s by no means a requirement: we’re looking for someone with a passion for online learning and education, and interest in developing their skills in that field! We also value in-depth knowledge of multiple stacks, techs or paradigms and experience in working in agile teams.
Our team works off-site, so it’s possible for you to join us remotely from anywhere in Finland or our other office locations (Stockholm, Amsterdam or Lisbon).
Interested? Drop us a line via the form below and introduce yourself! We’ll hire the right person as soon as we find them.