At ReadySet, we’re building a distributed SQL cache that precomputes the results of prepared statements (i.e. parameterized SQL queries) and incrementally updates these results over time as the underlying data in your database changes.
ReadySet is wire-compatible with MySQL and Postgres, so it can be integrated with your existing application without code or database changes– ReadySet makes it easy for developers to build performant web, analytical, and internal applications regardless of whether they’re deployed to a single region or around the world.
We’re looking for people who are excited about exploring and productionizing the frontier of distributed systems and DB research to join our international, fully-remote team. You’d be a great fit at ReadySet if you're excited to build data infrastructure that makes modern read-heavy applications faster, simpler, and easier to deploy.
About this role
We are seeking a highly technical and detail-oriented Lead Quality Assurance Engineer to join our elite development team. As the Lead QA Engineer, you will play a critical role in ensuring the correctness, performance, and scalability of our distributed database caching system.
In this hands-on role, you will work closely within the development team to analyze requirements, contribute to design and architecture decisions, and build scalable automation and test infrastructure to validate our deeply technical database caching system. You understand that testing is not just about finding bugs, but also about discipline, automation, repeatability, and metrics.
In addition to your core responsibilities, you will collaborate with our customer team to develop sample applications that integrate with our product, ReadySet. You will also leverage your deep product knowledge and expertise to assist customers in debugging common scenarios and navigating the complex world of database caching and performance.
If you are a discerning QA engineer with a passion for building robust and scalable systems, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology with a talented and collaborative team.
- You will collaborate remotely on a cross-functional team across Engineering, Product, and GTM.
- You will validate the quality of all of our web applications and our distributed Database caching software and ensure that our clients receive an amazing end-user experience.
- You will build and execute test plans for new features and improve on existing test plans for feature updates and customer feedback.
- You will collaborate with customers and the broader customer-facing team to develop architectures and solutions for the ReadySet product.
- You will identify areas for automation and write automated tests to ensure repeatability, coverage, and reliability.
- You will build custom demos based on individual requirements, and help customer teams set up ReadySet within their infrastructure stack.
You may be a good fit if you have…
- 8+ years experience in Quality Engineering.
- Previous technical experience in the databases, caching or a similar space is a requirement.
- Experience with multiple testing types including smoke, functional, integration, and UAT.
- A history of being a self-sufficient engineer able to solve complex QA tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience and comfort with a customer-facing role.
- Product intuition and customer empathy.
- Experience or interest in working at an early-stage startup environment.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field, or similar work experience.
Benefits and Salary
We have raised over $28m from great VC funds and angels to fuel our growth and help us take our product from an ambitious research prototype to general availability. The salary range for this role is $160,000 - 200,000 USD per year. This salary range may include multiple levels and locations. Your level is based on our assessment of your interview performance and experience, which you can always ask the hiring manager about to understand in more detail.
Salary is just one component of ReadySet’s total compensation package for employees. Your total rewards package will include equity, top-notch medical, dental and vision coverage, unlimited PTO (with minimum vacation recommendations), and more.
PTO & Parental Leave
We offer unlimited PTO with minimum vacation recommendations and encourage our team members to take time off whenever they need it. We also offer 90 days of paid parental leave.
Team off-sites & conferences
A few times a year, the whole company meets to facilitate in-person collaboration and team bonding. In addition, we actively encourage participation at conferences and events.
We make time for our remote team to learn together and have fun together even if we are miles away. We have virtual game hours, and an internal tech talk series.
Continuous Learning and Growth
Having a product rooted in research out of MIT, a commitment to learning is a requisite trait of every team member. We work on cutting-edge problems in distributed systems and are looking for engineers ready to rise to the challenge as we revolutionize the use of SQL in modern web applications. We want to be a company where all employees are excited to continue learning and growing in their area of expertise, no matter which role or team they are a part of.
Though every team member at ReadySet is individually exceptional, many of the problems we are solving have not been solved before. This means engineering at ReadySet is a team sport. We strive to give every engineer ownership over their work while giving them the resources they need to produce high-quality solutions. We welcome feedback on our own ideas and create timelines with the assumption that part of every day will be spent helping others. We also trust that during disagreements, every teammate will prioritize finding the best possible solution over being right. We encourage collaboration and humility over ego.
Safety to Fail
As a growth stage company tackling huge engineering challenges, sometimes we fail. When this happens, we don’t place blame or keep score and are willing to acknowledge when we could have done better. Most importantly, we are committed to learning and improving as much as possible from every failure so we have a higher chance of succeeding the next time.
Diversity and Inclusion
ReadySet knows that a diverse workforce directly contributes to a higher quality product for our customers. We have put immense effort into fostering an inclusive, diverse work environment from the time of the company’s founding. We expect everyone to bring empathy and respect to all of their interactions with coworkers and customers. Encouraging everyone to bring their unique perspectives to the table when solving problems helps us build and deliver stronger products.