At ReadySet, we’re building a distributed SQL cache that precomputes the results of prepared statements (i.e. parameterized SQL queries) and incrementally updates these results over time as the underlying data in your database changes.
ReadySet is wire-compatible with MySQL and Postgres, so it can be integrated with your existing application without code or database changes– ReadySet makes it easy for developers to build performant web, analytical, and internal applications regardless of whether they’re deployed to a single region or around the world.
We’re looking for people who are excited about exploring and productionizing the frontier of distributed systems and DB research to join our international, fully-remote team. You’d be a great fit at ReadySet if you're excited to build data infrastructure that makes modern read-heavy applications faster, simpler, and easier to deploy.
About this role
We’re looking for an experienced, creative Senior Technical Writer to plan, create, and maintain educational content as an integral part of the engineering/user experience. This content will often be in the form of documentation, but it may also be UI text, sample code, videos, or other educational material.
As a technical writer, you will become a ReadySet expert, explaining the product’s features and functionality in simple, user-friendly terms. You will own feature updates from end to end. Additionally, you will ensure that documentation maintains a voice, style, and branding consistent with other client experiences. Finally, you will contribute to the documentation's continual improvement through feedback gathering, research, experimentation, and data-driven decisions.
- You will become an expert with the Readyset product, explaining its features and functionality in simple, user-friendly terms.
- You will own feature updates from end to end.
- Moreover, you'll ensure that documentation maintains a voice, style, and branding consistent with other user experiences.
- Finally, you will contribute to the documentation's continual improvement through feedback gathering, research, experimentation, and data-driven decisions.
- Write ReadySet's technical documentation, producing valuable information and guidance for internal and external stakeholders.
- Become an expert on our platform, distilling complex ideas down into approachable, user-centric language.
- Collaborate in the oversight and maintenance of the documentation GitHub repository.
- Contribute clear and concise UX content, including product names, labels, navigational elements, and user flows.
You may be a good fit if you have...
- 5+ years of experience in technical writing/UX writing/editing.
- Excellent knowledge management and information architecture skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a user-centric, team-player attitude.
- Experience writing Markdown, HTML, and YAML.
- Mastery of standard GitHub commands.
- Experience writing about technical products (such as Developer Tools, Databases and Infrastructure) as well as describing technical concepts for a non-technical audience.
- A relentless advocate for the user experience.
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects at once.
- Expertise with database technologies is a big plus.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams alongside marketing, business, and product.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field, or similar work experience.
Benefits and Salary
We have raised over $28m from great VC funds and angels to fuel our growth and help us take our product from an ambitious research prototype to general availability. The salary range for this role is $110,000 - 150,000 USD per year. This salary range includes multiple levels and locations. Your level is based on our assessment of your interview performance and experience, which you can always ask the hiring manager about to understand in more detail.
Salary is just one component of ReadySet’s total compensation package for employees. Your total rewards package will include equity, top-notch medical, dental and vision coverage, unlimited PTO (with minimum vacation recommendations), and more.
PTO & Parental Leave
We offer unlimited PTO with minimum vacation recommendations and encourage our team members to take time off whenever they need it. We also offer 90 days of paid parental leave.
Team off-sites & conferences
A few times a year, the whole company meets to facilitate in-person collaboration and team bonding. In addition, we actively encourage participation at conferences and events.
We make time for our remote team to learn together and have fun together even if we are miles away. We have virtual game hours, and an internal tech talk series.
Continuous Learning and Growth
Having a product rooted in research out of MIT, a commitment to learning is a requisite trait of every team member. We work on cutting-edge problems in distributed systems and are looking for engineers ready to rise to the challenge as we revolutionize the use of SQL in modern web applications. We want to be a company where all employees are excited to continue learning and growing in their area of expertise, no matter which role or team they are a part of.
Though every team member at ReadySet is individually exceptional, many of the problems we are solving have not been solved before. This means engineering at ReadySet is a team sport. We strive to give every engineer ownership over their work while giving them the resources they need to produce high-quality solutions. We welcome feedback on our own ideas and create timelines with the assumption that part of every day will be spent helping others. We also trust that during disagreements, every teammate will prioritize finding the best possible solution over being right. We encourage collaboration and humility over ego.
Safety to Fail
As a growth stage company tackling huge engineering challenges, sometimes we fail. When this happens, we don’t place blame or keep score and are willing to acknowledge when we could have done better. Most importantly, we are committed to learning and improving as much as possible from every failure so we have a higher chance of succeeding the next time.
Diversity and Inclusion
ReadySet knows that a diverse workforce directly contributes to a higher quality product for our customers. We have put immense effort into fostering an inclusive, diverse work environment from the time of the company’s founding. We expect everyone to bring empathy and respect to all of their interactions with coworkers and customers. Encouraging everyone to bring their unique perspectives to the table when solving problems helps us build and deliver stronger products.