Ready is an on-demand mobile health service that delivers non-emergency care directly to patients. To accomplish this, Ready sends a trained health professional, which we call a “Responder,” to facilitate a telehealth visit between the patient and a licensed clinician.
With Ready, patients now have access to quality care in their homes, 12 hours a day, 365 days a year, and talented individuals are provided the opportunity to work with a rapidly growing, mission-driven company. We hope you will join us.
About the Role
As the Florida Associate Medical Director, you will be counted on as a clinical leader by a Virtual Care Team of Nurse Practitioners across Florida who you will supervise by treating patients, managing clinical escalations, and collaborating on treatment plans when appropriate. As clinical leader in Florida, you will partner closely with the East Regional Medical Director, and Florida Lead Advanced Practice Clinician to ensure we deliver the highest quality clinical care for each and every patient we serve. The Associate Medical Director’s time is spent approximately 80% in patient care and 20% in administrative duties.
What You’ll Do
- Perform all telehealth Clinician duties for patients ages 6 months and up, including the following:
- Utilize evidence-based medical practice in the delivery of all patient care
- Perform initial patient screenings and patient history
- Review and update patient records and check records for accuracy at each patient appointment
- Provide education to patient families, staff, other health professionals, and the community
- Adapt behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style
- Analyze test data and determine the need for referrals to points of care, follow-up visits and further treatment options
- working evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed on a rotating basis
- Maintain timely, complete and accurate medical records for all patient care services delivered
- Work closely with the Regional Medical Director, East, to monitor strategies that enhance patient care, improve the medical practice and patient and provider satisfaction.
- Implement and manage continuous quality improvement programs based on evidence-supported practices and outcomes, so as to critically appraise and advance the quality of clinical performance for our patients.
- Responsible for oversight of clinical quality
- Collaborate on medical escalations, chart review, and general clinical guidance with a team of Nurse Practitioners in your market
- Take part in weekly clinical meetings with opportunities for near-peer group learning/ teaching
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising leadership on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Develops team by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities
What You’ll Need
- Medical Degree from an accredited medical school with an unrestricted medical license in Florida
- Must be able to maintain all required licenses and certifications, and must complete all required continuing education courses, obtain credits, attend trainings, etc. to do so
- Active individual Medicaid and Medicare number
- 5+ years of experience; residency training and Board Certification in Family Medicine or IM/ Peds
- Experience delivering virtual care - skilled at video assessment and using online technology to deliver care and communicate with patients
- Leadership experience managing clinical teams and care programs
- Relationship-building and influencing ability to foster effective working relations across teams
- Experience using data and metrics-driven decisions to make practice improvements
- Deep knowledge and understanding of contemporary leading practice in virtual health
- Thorough knowledge of state telemedicine laws and regulations
- Passion for patient care and population health management specifically within the Medicaid population
- A quick learner, willing to work in a fast-paced environment where processes change regularly
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and able to work autonomously with limited management guidance.
- Acts to establish long-term relationships, and ensures these relationships are encouraged throughout the team.
- Able to work independently providing coaching and mentoring to others.
- Proficient with computers and the use of electronic health record systems
- The role may require frequent working outside of core office hours, including weekends.
What You’ll Get
- Friendly, fun and mission-driven environment
- Company sponsored events