Ready Responders was founded in 2016 with the mission of giving patients direct access to healthcare professionals in their homes and giving Responders the opportunity to provide care in their communities. Responders travel to patient homes seeking non-emergency medical attention, utilizing technology to connect with advanced providers.
With Ready Responders, patients now have access to quality care in their homes, 16 hours a day, 365 days a year, and talented individuals are provided the opportunity to work with a rapidly growing, mission-driven company. We are in-network with most major insurance companies in the markets we serve. Ready Responders is backed by leading venture capital firms, including Founders Fund, Rise of the Rest, and City Lights Capital.
What You’ll Do
- Combine your knowledge and skills with the equipment and technology provided, to deliver high quality community healthcare services.
- Respond to calls originating from the Ready Responders call line for medical needs within the community.
- Promptly respond to each call, demonstrating problem-solving skills on the scene.
- Facilitate video consults under direct supervision of a board-certified medical provider.
- Utilize cloud-based software on mobile devices to improve efficiency of care.
- Coordinate medical appointments, free transportation, and access to community resources with the patient.
- Demonstrate effective communication and empathy, cultivating positive relationships with patients.
- Engage, educate, and empower patients toward self-care, disease literacy, and healthy lifestyles.
- Identify and address social determinants of health affecting patient wellness.
- Commit to improving the health of community residents, and bring safety and comfort to communities across the city.
What You'll Need
- NREMT and Louisiana EMS Certification – EMT, AEMT, or Paramedic (required)
- BLS certification (required); ACLS certification (preferred)
- Must be from American Heart Association or America Red Cross-approved provider
- Emergency medical experience through EMS agency, hospital, clinic, etc. (required)
- State driver’s license and auto insurance (required)
Must be able to maintain all required licenses and certifications and must complete all required continuing education courses.
- 18 years of age or older
- Pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Provide current PPD test results
- Clean driving record for the past three years
- Reliable access to a personal vehicle
- Functioning smartphone (e.g. iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, etc.)
Eligibility to work in the US without Company sponsorship for a work visa or employment-based green card
What You’ll Get
- Basic Life Support medical kit
- Encrypted wireless iPad, including HIPAA-compliant video conferencing software and electronic medical record software
- Access to Ready Responders continuing education and professional development courses
- Current schedule equivalent to 40 hours per week, working one weekend every third week
- Competitive benefits and paid time off
- Fully-stocked kitchen with endless snacks and coffee
- Friendly, fun and mission-driven environment
- Company sponsored events