Ready Responders was founded to empower people to improve healthcare right in their own neighborhoods: we give patients direct access to healthcare professionals, and we give our Responders the opportunity to provide care in their communities. Ready Responders is a non-transport service and provides only on scene care.
Above all, we believe the desire to do good and technology are powerful forces. By combining them, we can make the world a kinder, safer, healthier place one neighborhood at a time.
This localized approach also allows us to help our friends and neighbors with non-life-threatening conditions, connecting them with healthcare options for lasting care within their communities.
About the Role
When you join our team as a telehealth provider, you will join a group of dedicated healthcare professionals who are committed to delivering positive, lasting healthcare solutions to members of their communities. As a member of our medical operations team, you will answer telehealth calls from our non-emergency mobile urgent care visits in the field. There are no outbound calls for you; when you are on shift, you will only be responsible for calls initiated by our Responders in the field.
What You’ll Do
- Video conference with Responders and their patients, who have non-emergency medical needs, from Ready Responders Headquarters.
- Gather patient history and vitals from the Responder and converse with the patient, evaluating their health needs and providing treatment instructions
- Complete prescriptions for patients in a timely manner.
What You'll Need
- Active Louisiana Physician or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse license.
- Emergency medical experience required (EMS agency, hospital, clinic, etc.)
- Must be able to maintain all required licenses and certifications, and must complete all required continuing education courses, obtain credits, attend trainings, etc. to do so.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Skilled at video assessment and using online technology to deliver care and communicate with patients.
- A quick learner, willing to work in a fast-paced start-up where processes change regularly.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible availability, including nights and weekends
Eligibility to work in the US without Company sponsorship for a work visa or employment-based green card
- Must demonstrate unwavering commitment to improving the health of New Orleanians and bringing safety and comfort to communities across the city.
What You’ll Get
- Competitive benefits and paid time off
- Fully-stocked kitchen with endless snacks and coffee
- Friendly, fun and mission-driven environment
- Company sponsored events