Ready Responders was founded to empower people to improve healthcare right in their own neighborhoods: we give patients direct access to healthcare professionals, and we give our Responders the opportunity to provide care in their communities. Ready Responders is a non-transport service and provides only on scene care.
Above all, we believe the desire to do good and technology are powerful forces. By combining them, we can make the world a kinder, safer, healthier place one neighborhood at a time.
This localized approach also allows us to help our friends and neighbors with non-life-threatening conditions, connecting them with healthcare options for lasting care within their communities.
What You’ll Do
- Combine your knowledge and skills with the equipment and technology provided, to deliver high quality community healthcare services.
- Respond to calls originating from the Ready Responders call line for medical needs within the community.
- Promptly respond to each call, demonstrating problem-solving skills on the scene.
- Facilitate video consults under direct supervision of a board-certified medical provider.
- Utilize cloud-based software on mobile devices to improve efficiency of care.
- Coordinate medical appointments, free transportation, and access to community resources with the patient.
- Demonstrate effective communication and empathy, cultivating positive relationships with patients.
- Engage, educate, and empower patients toward self-care, disease literacy, and healthy lifestyles.
- Identify and address social determinants of health affecting patient wellness.
- Commit to improving the health of community residents, and bring safety and comfort to communities across the city.
What You'll Need
- NREMT and Southern Nevada Health District EMS Certification – EMT, AEMT, or Paramedic (required)
- BLS certification (required); ACLS certification (preferred)
- Must be from American Heart Association or America Red Cross-approved provider
- Emergency medical experience through EMS agency, hospital, clinic, etc. (required)
- Nevada state driver’s license and auto insurance (required)
- Bilingual, Spanish (preferred)
Must be able to maintain all required licenses and certifications and must complete all required continuing education courses.
- 18 years of age or older
- Pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Provide current PPD test results
- Clean driving record for the past three years
- Reliable access to a personal vehicle
- Functioning smartphone (e.g. iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, etc.)
What You’ll Get
- Basic Life Support medical kit
- Encrypted wireless iPad, including HIPAA-compliant video conferencing software and electronic medical record software
- Access to Ready Responders continuing education and professional development courses
- Schedule will be equivalent to approximately 20-29 hours per week
- Competitive benefits and paid time off
- Fully-stocked kitchen with endless snacks and coffee
- Friendly, fun and mission-driven environment
- Company sponsored events