Ready Responders was founded to empower people to improve healthcare right in their own neighborhoods: we give patients direct access to healthcare professionals, and we give our Responders the opportunity to provide care in their communities. Ready Responders is a non-transport service and provides only on scene care.
Above all, we believe the desire to do good and technology are powerful forces. By combining them, we can make the world a kinder, safer, healthier place one neighborhood at a time.
This localized approach also allows us to help our friends and neighbors with non-life-threatening conditions, connecting them with healthcare options for lasting care within their communities.
About This Role
The Paralegal will be acting as the Expansion Manager, a new role arising from Ready Responders’ rapid national growth. This individual will be responsible for addressing legal requirements while executing the set up and ongoing operations of Ready Respodners’ business entities and physician’s groups in multiple states. This includes completing required Medicaid and Medicare applications, setting up and maintaining credentialing for advanced practice providers with payers, managing the advanced practice provider hiring, and maintaining ongoing legal compliance.
The Expansion Manager reports directly to the General Counsel and business team executives.
What You’ll Do
- Manage communication with internal and external legal counsel on all requirements to setup and sustain a business entity and physician’s group in multiple states across the country.
- Assemble and ensure completion of all documentation to launch and sustain a business entity and physician’s group for multiple states.
- Oversee process to hire new site general manager, physicians, nurse practitioners, and licensed clinical social workers.
- Communicate with a variety of stakeholders including legal partners, state entities, and potential physician group leaders to achieve results.
- Manage all aspects of initial and ongoing regulatory processes and compliance with states and payers including credentialing, Medicaid and Medicare applications, and site-specific collaborative practice agreements.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree (required)
- 3+ years healthcare or legal experience (required)
- Prior experience as a paralegal (preferred)
- Exceptional organization and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and driven, with strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple time-sensitive and intricate processes simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience navigating and completing legal documents
- Ability to collaborate with professionals from different fields and professional backgrounds
- Comfortable managing ambiguous situations and welcoming of change as this is a new role within a start-up organization
What You’ll Get
- Competitive benefits and paid time off
- Fully-stocked kitchen with endless snacks and coffee
- Friendly, fun and mission-driven environment
- Company sponsored events