Ready Responders was founded to empower people to improve healthcare right in their own neighborhoods: we give patients direct access to healthcare professionals, and we give our Responders the opportunity to provide care in their communities. Ready Responders is a non-transport service and provides only on scene care.
This localized approach also allows us to help our friends and neighbors with non-life-threatening conditions, connecting them with healthcare options for lasting care within their communities. Above all, we believe the desire to do good and technology are powerful forces. By combining them, we can make the world a kinder, safer, and healthier place one neighborhood at a time.
The Community Care Program is part of the Ready Responders solution to reduce unnecessary emergency room use and provide patients the right care, at the right time, at the right place. Our program promotes comprehensive health literacy interventions to empower patients toward self care, health system navigation, community engagement, and management of symptoms. Community Care is focused on changing the behavior and improving the quality of life for individuals identified as ER super users.
About The Role
The Director of Community Relations serves as Ready Responders’ first contact with the public, including businesses, community organizations, and the general Las Vegas community.
The Director of Community Relations researches groups that would benefit from our services and initiates positive relations, conducts assessments to determine the impact Ready Responders may have on the population, and provides ongoing communication with partners. Local partners the Director networks with include hospitals, clinics, social services, religious organizations, professional networks, schools and neighborhood associations.
As the first point of contact for our Las Vegas partners, the Director of Community Relations is always be at the ready to address concerns and provide information for these partners. The Director of Community Relations works diligently to ensure community members are made aware of our services through organizations they trust and feel empowered to utilize them thereafter.
What You'll Do
- Promote the Ready Responders mission and vision within the community.
- Build relationships with clinics, social services, religious organizations, professional networks, schools and neighborhood associations to increase Ready Responders’ reliable patient base.
- Grow profitable revenue and build company recognition within designated service areas.
- Identify, coordinate, staff and attend community events to increase positive recognition.
- Develop and implement presentations to groups of healthcare personnel and general public in health fairs, community events, etc.
- Act as a liaison between community outreach contractors and Ready Responders internal team.
- Develop evaluation tool to quantitatively monitor how partnerships increase patient base and profits.
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop and implement strategies.
What You'll Need
- At least 2 years of professional experience as community relations specialist (required)
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to build relationships and work well with a variety of individuals: your interactions are compassionate, courteous, cordial, cooperative, and professional.
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to effectively apply them in stressful situations
- Ability to prioritize decisions and act quickly in the best interest of the patient
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks at once, effectively prioritize in a fast-paced work environment to meet deadlines and schedule time efficiently
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and able to work well without micromanagement
- Strong organization skills with fastidious attention to detail
- May occasionally need to work non-traditional hours based on operational or community needs
- Unwavering commitment to improving the health of Las Vegas and building community
What You’ll Get
- Competitive benefits and paid time off
- Fully-stocked kitchen with endless snacks and coffee
- Friendly, fun and mission-driven environment
- Company sponsored events