Ready Responders was founded to empower people to improve healthcare right in their own neighborhoods: we give patients direct access to healthcare professionals, and we give our Responders the opportunity to provide care in their communities. Ready Responders is a non-transport service and provides only on scene care.
This comprehensive, localized approach also allows us to help our friends and neighbors with non-life-threatening conditions, connecting them with healthcare options for lasting care within their communities. Above all, we believe the desire to do good and technology are powerful forces. By combining them, we can make the world a kinder, safer, and healthier place one neighborhood at a time.
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Operations, the IT Specialist will serve as the primary internal point of contact for technical issues related to software systems and technical operations. They will support and communicate with team members regarding new and ongoing technical issues. They will work to resolve technical and support related issues and escalate to appropriate parties when necessary.
A successful IT Specialist is one who has a proactive focus on support, and exercises exceptional customer service skills to ensure that every Ready Responders team member has the right technology and resources to effectively do their job and, ultimately, deliver the right care to patients across New Orleans.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on our local healthcare system and directly change the lives of patients in need.
- Support medics, dispatchers, supervisors, and staff with daily technology issues on-site at the Ready Responders facility and team members operating in the field
- Serve as primary liaison between Ready Responders and its managed IT services partner
- Receive and track feature requests and bugs for internal customer software
- Manage hardware inventory (iPads, laptops and desktops)
- Support SFTP data exchange with external partners and clients
- Review and manage security and compliance for Ready Responders issued devices
- Receive and review feedback on Ready Responders proprietary technologies and system integrations
- Assist in prioritizing technical issues and software needs
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in IT Support and Project Management
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Physical Security requirements (highly preferred)
- Background in mobile device management, data system implementation and installation, experience installing and upgrading Windows based PC’s, experience installing, upgrading and managing Windows networks and servers
- Knowledge of basic system administration and operating system hardening techniques
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to effectively apply them in stressful situations
- Phenomenal communication skills—phone, email, postcards—you talk and people listen
- Able to effectively give, receive, and implement constructive criticism
- Ability to proactively anticipate and solve problems; you don't wait for someone to tell you to fix something, you already had a plan in place before it even broke
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks at once, effectively prioritize in a fast-paced work environment to meet deadlines and schedule time efficiently
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and able to work well without micromanagement
- Strong organization skills with fastidious attention to detail
- May occasionally need to work non-traditional hours based on operational or community needs
- Unwavering commitment to improving the health of New Orleanians and building community