This opening is for a full-time Licensed Clinical Social Worker with Ready Responders Louisiana LLC.
Ready Responders was founded to empower people to improve healthcare right in their own neighborhoods: we give patients direct access to healthcare professionals, and we give our Responders the opportunity to provide care in their communities. Ready Responders is a non-transport service and provides only on scene care.
Above all, we believe the desire to do good and technology are powerful forces. By combining them, we can make the world a kinder, safer, healthier place one neighborhood at a time.
This localized approach also allows us to help our friends and neighbors with non-life-threatening conditions, connecting them with healthcare options for lasting care within their communities.
About the Role
When you join our team as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, you will join a group of dedicated healthcare professionals who are committed to delivering positive, lasting healthcare solutions to members of their communities. As a member of our medical operations team, you will utilize your skills and knowledge to evaluate patient cases and coordinate the appropriate care. You will have the opportunity to meet with patients via telehealth video conference to provide counseling and/or psychotherapy and exercise strong communication skills when educating patients and their families on treatment plans. You will also serve as an important resource to our Responders in the field and often collaborate to ensure the best care for our patients.
What You’ll Do
- Video conference with Responders and their patients, who have non-emergency behavioral health needs, from Ready Responders Headquarters.
- Conduct clinical screenings during these encounters and report them to the Psychiatrist or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner on staff.
- Provide counseling and/or psychotherapy sessions via telehealth video conference as needed.
- Review patient cases and regularly circle up with the behavioral health team to address their needs and determine quality treatment plans.
- Act as a behavioral health resource for the team of Responders, providing ongoing support to ensure effective case management.
- Other related duties as required.
What You’ll Get
- Unlimited access to Ready Responders in-person continuing education and professional development courses
- Full access to the Ready Responders home office: check in with co-workers and refuel with free coffee and snacks
- Schedule to be determined by management, with approximately 40 hour work weeks
- Skilled at video assessment and using online technology to deliver care and communicate with patients.
- Demonstrated success at identifying behavioral health needs of patients and addressing them appropriately.
- A quick learner, willing to work in a fast-paced start-up where processes change regularly.
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to effectively apply them in stressful situations.
- Ability to build relationships and work well with a variety of individuals: your interactions are compassionate, courteous, cordial, cooperative, and professional.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Professional Experience
- Master of Social Work degree (required).
- Credentialed as Licensed Clinical Social Worker (required).
- Clinical social work experience (required).
Must be able to maintain all required licenses and certifications, and must complete all required continuing education courses, obtain credits, attend trainings, etc. to do so.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Must be able to provide a current PPD test results
- Must demonstrate unwavering commitment to improving the health of New Orleanians and bringing safety and comfort to communities across the city.