Ready Responders was founded to empower people to improve healthcare right in their own neighborhoods: we give patients direct access to healthcare professionals, and we give our Responders the opportunity to provide care in their communities. Ready Responders is a non-transport service and provides only on scene care.
Above all, we believe the desire to do good and technology are powerful forces. By combining them, we can make the world a kinder, safer, healthier place one neighborhood at a time.
This localized approach also allows us to help our friends and neighbors with non-life-threatening conditions, connecting them with healthcare options for lasting care within their communities.
About the role
When you join our team as a medic, you will join a group of dedicated healthcare providers who are committed to delivering positive, lasting healthcare solutions to members of their communities. As a member of our medical operations team you will respond to acute and non-acute medical needs of residents in the Baton Rouge community, and initiate video conferencing encounters with a Nurse Practitioner or Physician in real-time. Whether you’re responding to a call for service originating from our nurse line, or conducting a scheduled home visit call, the care you provide has a lasting and meaningful effect on your patients and your community.
At Ready Responders, we believe in empowering healthcare professionals to do what they do best: provide the right care, at the right time, at the right place. With your knowledge, skills, abilities, and the equipment and technology we provide, you will deliver high quality community healthcare services to citizens and visitors of Orleans Parish in your community and on your own time.
What You’ll Do
- Calmly respond to calls for service originating from call line for community members experiencing both high and low acuity medical emergencies
- Provide a punctual response to each call, and demonstrate strong problem solving skills on the scene
- Facilitate video conferencing consults under direct supervision of a board-certified medical provider, demonstrating courteous bedside manner
- Work with our experienced team of Care Coordinators to coordinate medical appointments, free transportation, and access to community resources
- Represent Ready Responders as an ambassador in your community, i.e. our “feet on the street,” as you conduct outreach visits to patients’ homes
- This position requires effective communication, empathy, and the ability to cultivate positive relationships with patients
- Learn, identify, and address social determinants of health affecting patient wellness
- Ready Responders are tech savvy; utilize cloud-based software on mobile devices to improve the efficiency in which care is provided
What You’ll Get
- Basic Life Support medical kit: AED; oxygen, airway, trauma supplies and basic medications
Ready Responders ultra bright chartreuse ANSI safety vest
- Encrypted wireless iPad: HIPAA-compliant video conferencing software; equipment tracking software; electronic medical record software
- Unlimited access to online continuing education and professional development courses: EMS, Fire, Nursing, Workplace Safety
- Unlimited access to Ready Responders in-person continuing education and professional development courses
- Full access to the Ready Responders home office: swap out your supplies, check in with co-workers, and refuel with free coffee and snacks
- A flexible work schedule - select as many of our 4-hour PRN shifts as you'd like!
Education and Professional Experience
- NREMT and Louisiana EMS Certification – Basic, AEMT, or Paramedic
- BLS certification required, ACLS preferred
- Must be from American Heart Association or America Red Cross-approved provider
- Emergency medical experience required (EMS agency, hospital, clinic, etc.)
Must be able to maintain all required licenses and certifications, and must complete all required continuing education courses, obtain credits, attend trainings, etc. to do so.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Must be able to provide a current PPD test results
- Clean driving record for the past three years
- Must have a functioning smartphone (ex: iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, etc.)
- Unwavering commitment to improving the health of residents in Baton Rouge, and bringing safety and comfort to communities across the city