Ready Responders was founded to empower people to improve healthcare right in their own neighborhoods: we give patients direct access to healthcare professionals, and we give our Responders the opportunity to provide care in their communities. Ready Responders is a non-transport service and provides only on scene care.
This comprehensive, localized approach also allows us to help our friends and neighbors with non-life-threatening conditions, connecting them with healthcare options for lasting care within their communities. Above all, we believe the desire to do good and technology are powerful forces. By combining them, we can make the world a kinder, safer, and healthier place one neighborhood at a time.
About the role
The Associate of Recruitment and Talent will work closely with the Talent team as well as department heads across the organization to help manage our Company’s recruitment, hiring and culture efforts in New Orleans. This position will be a key member of the Ready Responders team, aligning recruitment, hiring and retention of high-performing Medical and Communications members to support the success of a mission and culture of Ready Responders. The Associate of Recruitment and Talent will assist in growing our Medical and Communications team as we grow our company over the coming months and years. You will build relationships with training programs and professional organizations across the region to create a recruitment portfolio, conduct interviews and manage the application process, and develop programs to create a supportive and enjoyable work environment for our Responders.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone seeking a challenge in recruitment and Human Resources who thrives in a fast-paced work environment and wants to take ownership of a diverse body of work. As we enter periods of high growth, no two days are the same in this role and there is constant opportunity for personal growth.
Must be willing to be based in New Orleans and able to work out of our office, on a full-time basis, starting immediately. Please do not apply if you do not meet these criteria.
Do you want to make a significant impact on our healthcare system and gain hands-on experience at a fast-paced start-up? Read on...
- Support the full cycle of recruiting efforts, including sourcing for Responder and Communications roles, cultivating and screening for a portfolio of roles, ensuring that 100% of positions are filled on an ongoing basis and by any deadlines that may arise
- Assist with managing the Responder and Communications candidate experience so that all applicants have a favorable impression of Ready Responders
- Work with the Data team to set realistic goals and report on progress and effectiveness of recruitment and hiring efforts
- Identify sources of talent within the community and build relationships with these organizations, establishing constant flow of applicants and positive view of Ready Responders
- Utilize systems to ensure that all Ready Responders clients (applicants, candidates, and staff members) receive consistent, professional, and clear communication regarding our hiring and talent development practices, implementing improvements as seen fit
- Support the delivery and management of all human resources services, including staff recruitment, onboarding, off-boarding, employee relations, benefits, and personnel records
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (required)
- 2-4 years relevant experience working in recruitment or human resources (required), ideally at a start-up or during periods of high-growth (preferred)
- SHRM Certification (optional)
- Quick adaptation to online application tracking systems and other electronic programs
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted interviewing and hiring practices
- Independence and initiative - you do not wait for work to be assigned to you
- Extreme ownership and responsibility - there is no job too small, and if there's a problem (no matter whose problem it "is"), you solve it. Period.
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks at once, and effectively prioritize to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment - you're used to having a lot on your plate, and you prefer it that way
- Able to effectively receive and implement constructive criticism
- Strong integrity and ability to practice confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Ability to proactively anticipate and solve problems; you don't wait for someone to tell you to fix something, you already had a plan in place before it even broke
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and able to work well without micromanagement
- Unwavering commitment to improving the health of New Orleanians and building community