Reaction Commerce is looking to hire a Product Designer to help design and evolve our products, brand, and design system. Designers are vital to our success: from shaping our core products and creating the experience of new features, to crafting and finishing every detail in our product. As a designer in this role, you should have empathy for our users, be able to articulate the reasons for your design decisions, and love collaboration and feedback. If this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello, and links to your work and experience.
- Collaborate across teams with Engineering and Product to define product and feature requirements.
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering to represent the Design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning, ideation and reviews.
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for your features.
- Conceptualize and execute engaging user experiences with a strong emphasis on creating elegant and usable designs.
- Work extremely closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers, engineers stakeholders and leadership.
- Work in close collaboration with design leadership to inform and improve design processes.
- Be a founding member of the design team: as one of our first Product Designers, you'll have the opportunity to shape and influence our design culture.
- 5+ years of experience in an individual contributor role, or on a Product Design team for desktop or mobile.
- A high-quality portfolio that demonstrates strong design, including: composition, balance, sense of hierarchy, and typographic skills.
- Experience in working and collaborating in a dynamic, rapid-growth environment.
- Experience working with Product Managers and Engineers to develop the strategy and functionality for features and products.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with ecommerce a plus.
At Reaction Commerce, we believe that the best results comes from shared ideas. We’re an open source platform built on open source code, driven by modern technology and the spirit of our global community. Collaborate with us at our Santa Monica HQ, located just minutes from the beach, or work remotely from anywhere in the world.
Physical and mental health is important to us, which is why we offer full medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, plus stock options, flexible office hours, free lunch, vacation stipends, and more.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, but we go above and beyond mere lip service. We welcome people of any gender identity, ethnicity, age, size, nationality, sexual orientation, neurotype, religion, elder status, family structure, culture, subculture, education level, identity, and self-identification. We think accessibility for people with disabilities is a priority, not an afterthought. We think neurodiversity is a feature, not a bug.
We believe in being inclusive, welcoming, and supportive of anyone who comes to us with the desire to build, collaborate, and lead. To learn more, visit our diversity statement.