Reach’s vision is to bring blockchain to the world by unlocking its feasibility, practicality, and usefulness for the masses. Reach is a programming language and specialized compiler that allows full-stack developers to build decentralized applications at a fraction of the cost, complexity, and time. We are drastically reducing the barrier to entry into blockchain development and are on our way to becoming the central platform developers use to build on blockchain. Our goal is to become the lens through which the world understands the value of decentralization.
Reach Labs is a division within Reach focused on building ready to commercialize applications direct to consumer leveraging the safety and security features of the Reach technology. We are building out our own use-cases for Reach and have launched three companies through Reach Labs: Humble DeFi, Alloy (an NFT gaming platform), and Monarch ( a DAO launchpad for that leverages functional NFTs for on-chain voting).
We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master/Engineer Project Manager to oversee and guide our growing developer teams at Reach! The Scrum Master's responsibilities include ensuring that development teams follow scrum framework values and agile practices, mentoring and motivating the teams to improve processes, facilitating meetings and decision-making processes, and eliminating team impediments.
To be successful as a Scrum Master/Engineer Project Manager, you should have a firm grasp of agile practices and the ability to effectively manage and mentor development teams. An outstanding candidate for this role should have excellent interpersonal, project management, and problem-solving skills. You will also need to become familiar with the developers' skills, abilities, and career goals so as to properly resource and deploy our engineers onto projects where they can make the greatest impact.
- Using agile methodology values, principles, and practices to plan, manage, and deliver solutions.
- Training, mentoring, and supporting scrum teams to follow agile values, principles, and practices.
- Deployment of engineers to appropriate Reach Labs projects based on their skills, experience, and interests.
- Determining and managing tasks, issues, risks, and action items.
- Lead the scrum and development teams in self-organization especially across the multiple Reach Labs projects
- Support the Product Managers across teams and projects to ensure seamless delivery
- Scheduling and facilitating scrum events, meetings, and decision-making processes.
- Monitoring progress and performance and helping teams to make improvements.
- Planning and organizing demos and product/system testing.
- Ensuring the proper use of collaborative processes and removing impediments for the scrum team.
- Tracking project processes, deliverables, and financials.
- Preparing and presenting status reports to stakeholders.
- Resolve conflicts quickly as they occur, implementing sustainable solution.
- Certified scrum master, SAFe preferred.
- 3+ years of experience as a scrum master or in a similar role.
- Experience working at a growing startup and/or in an ambiguous environment where organizational structure is changing and being experimented with
- Ability to determine what is scrum and what is not
- Experience with successful Agile techniques
- Working knowledge of agile methodology, techniques, and frameworks, such as Scrum or Kanban, to deliver solutions.
- Leadership and management experience - you are able to lead and work with a team
- Excellent people and project management skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to stay focused
- Deep in the Web3 space and passionate about the potential of blockchain to change the world.
Our Commitment to You:
Reach is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Employee stock-options
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid time off
- Health and dental insurance
- Competitive salary