Reporting to the of Head, Marketing Strategy, this individual is responsible for leading the Category Strategy for Tim Hortons in Canada. She/He will lead a team of 5-7 Category Managers and have complete oversight into their respective research, ideation, product development, testing, and launches of new menu items. This person will be responsible for leading the development of multiple 3-year category/product pipelines, overseeing multiple project timelines and aligning key stakeholders on the plan to drive growth for the brand.
- Leads the long-term category strategy for coffee, breakfast, baked goods, lunch and value
- Oversee multiple Category Managers and their respective product developments, research, testing and eventual commercialization
- Manage and grow a team of highly talented, ambitious Category Managers by building a strong, heart and permeance-led culture
- Play a lead role in management of the stage-gate process for new product innovation from the ideation/concept stage to product launch
- Lead the process, development and ongoing management of marketing briefs for the Marketing Communications team for any new product/promotional launches
- Work cross-functionally with counterparts in Consumer Insights, Marketing Calendar, R&D, Category Analytics, Supply Chain and Operations
- Create and present business recommendations for internal stakeholders including RBI leadership, Restaurant Owners, and various Advisory Boards and Committees
- Deep knowledge of industry trends, competitive, and consumer trends and activities
- Leverages several sources of data to derive National and Regional sales trends, product mix, price positioning, menu architecture, and product margins
- University degree in Business, Marketing, Finance or related field
- 5-7 years of work experience in QSR, CPG, Retail, or related field
- Strong business acumen with a high sense of curiosity
- High analytical skills and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and motivated with a desire to outperform
- You have strong time-management and organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- You’re resilient and thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment working on multiple and competing projects simultaneously, with a sense of urgency and thoughtfulness.
- You have strong critical-thinking and conceptual problem-solving skills. You are be able to debate complex issues, ask the right questions, interpret data and synthesize learnings and think outside the box.
- Advanced skill level using Excel and PowerPoint
- You love coffee!
Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.